Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Any Danger wih Downloads?

Pro Member Trainee
Keith (krrobinson_uk00) Trainee

Hi all,

I am very new to this - just installed FS2002 and ready to go. Have seen lots of corres re downloading scenery and add on aircraft. Have joined this site - which is brilliant for novices like me !!

What damage to FS2002 can be done by downloading scenery and aircraft - is it easy and what can go wrong ?

Any help would be appreciated

Keith Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
Andrenaa First Officer

First off no damage can be done. But some add on aircraft sometimes don't fly properly so choose carefully. As for scenery only download it if your system can handle it other wise it'll be like playing a slide show.
Other than that it's perfectly safe. Anymore questions don't hesitate to ask!!! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Re your scenery question there are some nice self installing downloads so you dont have to do anything here 🙂

http://www.atcbox.com/index.php

You will have to become a member to get to the download page 😳 but its free 😀
Most of the forums are in 😕 Dutch but in the main the site is in English

Theres a fair selection for you to try and none are too hard on your system. Nearly all scenery downloads will come with instructions on where to put things. If you get stuck then come on back,someone here will allways help.

😀 Good luck and welcome to the sky 😂

Pro Member Trainee

Hi guys

Thanks for the help - I will try the sites suggested. This seems a great way to get to know similar sim guys (sorry for the pun!!).

Can see me spending hours on here !!

Have a great Xmas

Keith

Pro Member Trainee

Great tip for the self extracting sceneries - have downloaded selection and they seem to work ok - thanks for the help

Keith 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Andrenaa First Officer

No problem mate, if you need anymore help don't hesitate. 😉
And merry Christmas to you too. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Thanks and merry Christmas to you 😀

Now that youve dipped your feet in the water so to speak in adding new scenery, just in case you feel the need to go somewhere specific? try here

The one called scenery list is great for finding which site has got whatever youre looking for

Remember dont drink and fly 😉

Merry Christmas 😀