Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Graphics problem

Pro Member Trainee
mark1234 Trainee

Can anyone tell me why some of the aircraft I downloaded appear with their full paint scheme will selecting the flight parameters but when it loads up only the front and tail paint show up and the centre is blurry.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Give us your computer specs especially the video card and what drivers your using.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mark1234 Trainee

I think the video card is an Intel (R) 82810E graphics controller.

Strange thing is that the Singapore A340-500 I downloaded appears correctly but the Thai Airways paint job is blurry.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's an integrated video card and they aren't very good for this sim.
If you want to only use that turn down some of your scenery, autogen, traffic, and lower the clouds as much as possible. Turn off the water.
All of those slides are in the settings of the sim

If you want to buy a new card, look and see if you have a AGP slot.
All the slots (PCI) are in a row and white, the AGP is brown.
This way we can suggest new cards to you.
Also tell us all your computer specs if you decide on another video card.

Radar

Thanks for all your advice Radar man.

My motherboard didn't have an AGP slot so I ended up installing a XFX MX 4000 PCI graphics card.

Eureka - I can finally see! What used to be fields are now cities. I can now see ships, boats, far more buildings, trees but still no other airplanes.

Any suggestions on how to see other aircraft? Also, oddly enough some of the recent planes I downloaded still have blurry paintjobs while others don't - any idea why?

Thanks again!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Not all aircraft are created equal. Some are not that "sharp" or have a dynamic shine, it's difficult to say unless you have someone else to match to.
To see other aircraft (AI type) turn up your traffic slider in settings.
Beware, it will cost you FPS that the new card just gave you. It's a trade off but try to play with it and achieve a balance that you can live with.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mark1234 Trainee

Cheers RadarMan. Will experiment with traffic settings.