Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I only bought this yesterday, So I have a few questions

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

First of all, some people told me that you can edit your own planes and add whatever parts and bits to want to them like extra engines on either side and wings and things like that. But I can't find anything in the game that does that. Do i need some kind of separate tool for this?
Also I heard that you could open plane doors, I tried pressing CTRL and E but nothing happens. Does the plane need to be in a particular state or position for the doors to open?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

CTRL-E is 'engine start'. You want to try SHIFT-E.

SHIFT-E on its' own opens the 'main doors'. Some aircraft have others and you can open them with SHIFT-E 2, SHIFT-E 3, etc. (that's hold Shift then Press E, release both keys then press 2).

Some add-on aircraft have other panels mapped to the water rudder, concorde nose up/down, etc. just because they ran out of door-opening keys 🙂

Can't comment on adding 'bits' to the aircraft, I don't think that is straightforward though.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hi,

There is nothing within FS2004 that allows you to add engines to planes, or make other design changes.

The Sim is more about the flight experiance and Airline things like Air Traffic Control, etc, and not so much about editing and inventing new aircraft.

X-Plane (which is FS2004's main competitor) DOES have a Plane builder that let's you do that sort of stuff.

Pro Member First Officer

Really? Then my friend must be a complete liar. Are you really sure that there is no tool like that? Anyway thanks for the help.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Well, technically you CAN build your own planes. But you can't do it with what Microsoft sell you in the FS2004 pack.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yes, you can buy completely external software that helps you to build planes that you can use withih FS2004, but there is definately nothing in FS2004 that in anyway builds planes.

The most you can do in terms of editing planes in change some of teh settings in files lile the .cfg files.... this can change the behaviours and handling of planes but it can't do any more than that.... certainly not building experimental planes.

It sounds like your friend was getting confused between FS2004 and X-Plane which does have a dedicated Plane Builder.

Pro Member Trainee
EaglesNest Trainee

twistedsucker wrote:

Really? Then my friend must be a complete liar. Are you really sure that there is no tool like that? Anyway thanks for the help.

Hi,
No he is not a complete liar, there was a verion of MSFS that you could build your own planes from scratch and test fly them. I can't remember the version right off, but I think it might have been FS2000, not sure though or even an earlier version. You could actually fly several test planes that Chuck Yeager flew like the X series...

However, everyone else is right, there is nothing in MS2004 that will allow you to build your own aircraft.

Hope this helps sort things out.

Eagle

Pro Member First Officer

Oh right. Thanks a lot for the information and help! 🙂