SearchSearch 

Ordered my new toys!

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Ordered my new PC bits just now;

Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe, DDR300, 2x PCI-E, Gbit LAN, USB2, FireWire 1394, 8ch sound, 4x SATA, 2x UDMA, Raid 5
Athlon 64 3500 32/64bit, S939 Winchester core, 90nm
256Mb Gigabyte PCI-E X700Pro graphics card, Video In Video Out / DVI, 420Mhz core, 864Mhz memory
1Gb Memory; Corsair TwinX, DDR, PC3200C2PT, CAS2.

Dave

6 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

🍻 Wow, that looks like a beauty. The sim should run full out on one of those.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Very sweet, it's gonna fly.... Clap

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Thats a jaw dropper of a set up 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

yeah, I dont know what's more of a beauty, that setup or Michael H's woman on his plane! 😳

Guest Ed Guest

horrgakx wrote:

Ordered my new PC bits just now;

Dave

So Dave, what are you keeping out of the old system? Just the case and the disk drives? That is going to be a screamer of a system.

And I guess I will be the one to ask the question on everybody's minds: do you mind saying how much you spent on the new bits? I've been thinking about doing such an upgrade for the past few months, but haven't started seriously shopping yet. But now that I have your shopping list in hand. . .

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Guest Ed wrote:

So Dave, what are you keeping out of the old system? Just the case and the disk drives?

Yeh more or less, the drives and a fairly beefy power supply.

Guest Ed wrote:

And I guess I will be the one to ask the question on everybody's minds: do you mind saying how much you spent on the new bits?

It was just over £700 ($1,325 USD) inclusive of VAT (at 17.5% for non-UK'ers). That was with the motherboard, CPU & RAM on a "Today Only" offer from Scan Computers.

Dave