Notebook Pilot Questions

Pro Member Trainee
Chris Baye (cbaye) Trainee

I have FS2004 installed on both my desktop and notebook computers. I would like some help optimizing my notebook for sim flying.

1. I loaded FS2004 in compact mode. I have some extra room on my HDD. Is it possible to upgrade the compact installation to a full installation without uninstalling?

2. Since I don't have a Joystick for use with my notebook. Is there a guage that I can add to a panel to give me control surface position indicators? The early versions of FS had this feature.

3. Has anyone seen a small but useful, USB type joystick? One that would not be to difficult to cary around.

4. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that are really useful for sim flying with a notebook?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You should be able to load the sim over itself since the original isn't a full installation.

Try this, mouse as a yoke. It was available in earlier editions but not 2004, I've never used it.

http://www.lovettsoftware.fsnet.co.uk/Mouse_as_yoke_about.htm

http://www.synapseadaptive.com/augcom/gus/Joystick.htm Dont Know

Notebook graphic cards aren't that good for graphic intensive software like the sim so don't expect the same quality that you get on your desktop.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...