Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

OT Diecast!!!

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Found a great site for diecast planes. Recieved my first order yesterday. Anyone else into collectable aircraft? Unbelievable selection on the site I got them from!!! Prices seem very reasonable, also. www.diecastairplane.com

[/img]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks, I've been thinking about getting some. I surfed the net the other day but this seems like a good site.
I don't want to spend big bucks on each, I just want a few of the classics (WWII) and the DC-3.
The sizes throw me off at times.

You have some beauties in that photo!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Thanks. So far my favorite ones are the Model Power Postage Stamp series. As you can see I have the F4U Corsair and the B-24J. Thay are 4"- 6" Long. Thay also have 1/48th Scale Aircraft series which are probably about twice the size. Here is a direct link to their site. Prices are a little higher though.

http://www.modelpower.com/site/519087/page/45029

Also there is a scale chart at the bottom left side of the diecastairplane site. These are mostly for airliners, but should give you some idea of the size differences.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I like that second links also, especially the prices and they all come on stands.
I have to wait a few days or I'll spend 10x what I plan on spending (impulse buyer). Rolling Eyes
I need a cooling off period. Shocked
I don't really need any of them but I want, I want! Nope
All I can think of is the bill. Rules

Radar