Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

System Question

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

Hey fellas,

It's been a while since ive asked you guys something. Anyways, my system is:

AMD 64 3500+ winchester core
1gb DC Corsair DDR 550 (running slower, my board takes 400 i think (MAX)).
ASUS A8N-SLI MOBO
ati x800 xt platinum pci express
160 gb hd 7200 rpm

When I play flight simulator, the majority of the time i can get 60-80 fps depending on the view and where i am. Usually no lower that 35. But sometimes, like at KSEA I cant get more than 20 fps until im off teh ground. It's not consistently smooth, and I wouldnt be as picky as I am now, but I spend a good deal of money so id like to be able to grease this game. I dont htink its the processor because I have run the same scenarios and sometimes it'l run it great and others ill be down at 20 fps. I think i am bottlenecking my graphic card with only a gig of RAM. I think for the display setting I want i am going to need more system RAM. And confirming that assumption I increased the page file on my comp, since i dont use much of the 160 gigs, and I think i noticed an increase. Nothing consistant though. Plus I know that the page memory is infinitely slower than the ram modules. I was wondering about any of your input. Just trying to figure out how to get a consisistant 40 or so fps. Any ideas?

Id really appreciate any help or advice. I dont want to make a blind purchase this summer on an upgrade.

Andy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Would and extra gig help, sure, you can never have enough ram. But I doubt that it's your problem with that very nice rig.
If you added any scenery at KSEA that could be the problem.
Do you scandisk and defrag every week, important.
Do you run spyware and anti virus programs at least one a week.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

Yeah I do all of that. I jsut figured out sitching the real weather from dynamic to static looks and performs better. Still not perfect. I guess each third party airplane has its own requirments? My f-18 demands soo much, but when I run my Dc-9 its fantastic. Im just wondering, maybe this game was just not optimized to run wide open. Ugh. thanks for the input. If anything hits you (new idea) let me know.

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

Also, I dont have any added scenery.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you are adding real weather to the dynamic then you are using up recourses.
This sim cannot be run full out on any computer made today and maintain an FPS over 40.
As you know by having a powerhouse it can't be done.
Your machine will want for more "power" when the next edition comes out.
Then you will need that extra gig, a better power supply, and a better card.

Radar