Dual Channel

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

I have a quick question about dual channel memory. I have 4 slots which can support up to two dual channel set ups. For simplicity lets name theses dual channel set ups A and B. Lets say I have Dual A set up with 2x 512's at ddr 550 (1gb total). I want to add ram to Dual B. I know that Ram within each individual channel must be identical. But must the ram from channel to channel match? For example. Can I have 2x512 ddr550 in dual A and 2x1gb ddr 550 in dual B, or am I confined to 2x512 at ddr 550 for dual B. Any help would be great.

Andy

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Can I have 2x512 ddr550 in dual A and 2x1gb ddr 550 in dual B, or am I confined to 2x512 at ddr 550 for dual B. Any help would be great.

Check your motherboard manual to be sure, but normally as long as both DDR DIMMS are identically matched in each channel, you are fine with that.
So 2X512 in one channel and 2X1024 in the other would be fine as long as your board supports that much memory.

Also, you can go to crucial.com and run their system scanner and they will give you all you ever wanted to know about upgrading your particular memory..

Pro Member Trainee
ArchAngel_06 Trainee

oustanding, thanks Michael

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...