Landing 737 - Fire_Emblem and everyone else

Newboy Guest

Hey Fire_Emblem,

I cant believe(but I have to) it. I flew a 737-300 with the TAP livery from Lisbon to Madrid. Very bad visibility(real-weather). I nearly missed the runway. But I managed to land on the runway and not crash. And went all the way to the gate. And the best thing is that I flew this without saving my game.

Only one more question and then I will leave you alone maybe forever is when I was landing, I have two instruments which will help me land. But which one am I really to go for. I normally look at the crosshair. Is that ok? Becuase at certain points I get very confused. Is there any website that explains both these instruments?

Anyway, FS2004 rocks. And guys like you make it worth flying(even if it is not real). It is so much fun. My wife wants to chuck by PC out of the window but i just can't help it.

Newboy.

Now to fly more, more and more.

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

If you are using an ILS approach, then use the glide slope indicator, on the attitude indicator in the 737 at the right and bottom edges of it. This gets you lined up horizontally and vertically for a perfect landing! If you aren't using an ILS approach, use the PAPI lights for height and the GPS for horizontal navigation to the runway. I wouldn't have said the crosshair was enough, unless you are using the FD, but combine the attitude indicator, VSI and airspeed indicator and all should be great! Hope that helps a bit 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Have a look at this picture

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hey man, you ought to stay. I'm sure there'll be plenty more that you want to ask...you don't plan on staying with a dinky 737 the whole time do ya? 😛

There's loads of different aircraft to try out. After you get good with the 737, bump up to the 757-200. You can get an awesome one at www.projectopensky.com Naturally I'm biased toward it, it's my favorute. I've got like 300 of my 700+ FS9 hours in on it. So i'll be happy to help you. I've also got near 250 in a MD-88, the model i can't remember, it came with an installer, but hey, give me a holler if you need more help

I'm on here every day...

ato@skynet-virtuak.co.uk

add that to MSN messenger if you have it 😎

Congrats with landings!

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

FEM,

Typo on e-mail address... 😉

Newboy Guest

I will go to a different aircraft after a while. I just want to understand the landing bit and also try it a number of times before i go to another aircraft.

Is there a website that explains the 2 instruments in detail. Many webiste I have seen only show old instruments which are like found on a Cessna.

So, from the diagram you have shown, I understand that you dont use the crosshair. You use the small purple arrows which show on the right and on the bottom of that instrument.

What is that big arrow in the bottom instrument. On my 737 I have a purple rectangle which I know should be in the middle of the arrow. This rectangle signifies the runway. But what about the height? So, basically it is a combination of both the instruments.

Thanks

Newboy.

Guest FEM Guest
Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

These B737's are the flying kings of the air! I am still waiting to see if Airbus can match this old bird. 😎 😀

Tried to post this screenshot to the gallery but it got rejected and never showed up.

..Glad I got a chance to post it here. --Model by Eric Cantu.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Orlando, that's an awesome shot! Did you get a new graphics card?

It's so smooth...that's a nice 737...and in Delta Old Colors, dont get any better

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Fire_E,

No new graphics card, just made the capture a bit smaller and it seems to have better resolution. Thanks, this Delta is one of my favourite favorites! 😂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...