Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Saitek x45 how do you rate it?!?!?

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

Whats the rating from you pro's for the saitek X45 and where will I get the best price?

😎

Regards

Ricco

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

I just upgraded to the X52 and may have one to sell 🙂

I would say the X45 would be better for fighter type sims etc as performing the small gentle inputs are more difficult due to the nature of its centering spring...

The X52 has a nice light feel to it but the X45 requires a bit of effort to move it out of center..

Both are totally configurable though and give you many options for button configurations (you may have to print out your button maps until you learn your setup 🙂 ) but this does mean contact with the keyboard should be non existent and perhaps using a smaller alternative device like the PC Dash 8000 (another Saitek product) makes for less desk space used.

I did use the X45 for several years however and do like it alot. So, my opinion may be biased as I haven't experienced any of the other similar sticks on the market.

I would rate it 9/10 based on my experiences. The mouse thumb tool is useful too once you get used to using it..

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

Did you install drivers from the website or just as it was from windows drivers ❓

Regards

Ricco

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

You use the Saitek Profiler from their website to give it full programmability.

Then you do the normal calibration thing in windows and once that is all sorted you can setup profiles that map buttons to Key presses, or for an axis you map it in the game itself.

For the rotary dials you can sometimes assign these to trim if the game supports the axis to do so or set up a series of bands so that each time the rotary passes into a new band it fires a key press.

You can download default profiles too (as I did for FS2004) from the Saitek website.

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

Where can I get a profile to download for fs9 ❓

Regards

Ricco

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

Anyone know ❓ ❓

Regards

Ricco

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Have you tried the Saitek website?

Whilst getting someone elses profile seems like a good time saver I find its always tricky to learn the profile... I downloaded the X52 profile from Saitek for this game and still don't know what alot of my buttons do and find myself using the keyboard alot.

I am probably going to make my own one from scratch and whilst the tool looks intimidating at first I can assure you it is actually very easy to do.

Sit down and think to yourself, "where would I find it useful to keep my brakes button?" look at the stick and hold it and the throttle and think what feels the most natural for brakes... for me I use the trigger for example.

Give it a shot

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

ricco wrote:

Anyone know ❓ ❓

Regards

Ricco

Sorry I passed right by this last night.

http://www.joy-stick.net/reviews/joysticks/x45.htm

If these don't help I'll check again.

Radar