missing file

Pro Member Trainee
tomg223 Trainee

Hi
Was doing some cleaning of hard drive and I think I may have lost a dll file. When I run FS2004 I get all the way to fly now and then the screen goes blank and back to the desk top, no FS to be found. I ran a check with Norton's Utilities and get to messages as follows if it help. 1 Microsoft shared.DLL Error "Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Shared DLL's," refers to a missing file, "C:\Windows\System32\SNdefs.dat."
2 Invalid uninstall Entry "Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current\Version\uninstall\TCE, refers to "Uninstallstring" that refers to "C:\program files\microsoft games\flight dimulator 9, " a file that does not exist.
I have re-installed FS2004 5 times and works maybe once then the same problem. Sorry about the length here but not sure how else to explain. My system is as follows:

HP Pentium 4 CPU 2.60 GHZ 512 MB Ram 120 GIG hard drive

I appreciate any help as I have looked all over and havent found any real solutions. I am not a real computer wiz so will need some coaching here. Thanks in advance ...Tom

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hi tom

What Windows are you running (xp,me)

Also seeing that your running Norton,have you tried to recover the file using the utillities

Tooshore Guest

You're probably running XP on that machine. If so, try doing a system restore to several days ago before you ran Norton. Be careful with that utility (Clean sweep). That was a shared DLL that was wiped, probably part of Windows.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...