Error when starting FS and game won't start

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

When I start FS, I get this error and the game won't start.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 When you say it wont start,do you mean that fs just shuts down and you go back to desktop or can you get into settings?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

It goes to the desktop

kuk Guest

hey mate i had that problem ,u have got a crappy add-on file in your scenery, delete it .

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have no idea what area 038 is as I have added scenery
So grab your install disks and reinstall fs9 over the top of what you have or search the disks for the scenery folder and over write the folder on your PC

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

This happened to me before. I deleted a scenery addon folder before removing it in FS9.

Start the sim and go to Settings > Scenery Library and look for "area 038" and remove it. It doesn't sound like your typical scenery file so you may not see it. You might have to remove all 3rd party scenery you previously installed to get the culprit, and then delete any the associated folders from Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery sub-folders.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Got it fixed - thanks!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

michlin wrote:

This happened to me before. I deleted a scenery addon folder before removing it in FS9.

Start the sim and go to Settings > Scenery Library and look for "area 038" and remove it. It doesn't sound like your typical scenery file so you may not see it. You might have to remove all 3rd party scenery you previously installed to get the culprit, and then delete any the associated folders from Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery sub-folders.

If you uninstalled it and then reinstalled it would I lose all my add-ons and such? 😕 Not that I will. Just for future reference. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

mypilot wrote:

michlin wrote:

If you uninstalled it and then reinstalled it would I lose all my add-ons and such? 😕 Not that I will. Just for future reference. 🙂

You would not lose all addon scenery. You would only "lose" the specific 3rd party scenery that you uninstall. If you uninstall FS9 (native) scenery you of course would have to reinstall FS9 to get it back.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...