Which one do you prefer?

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

what about McDonnel-Douglas

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't fly the big jets but I don't care for the Cessna, the Cessna is closer to what I fly.
My choice Cessna (if you put the third wheel in the back 🙄 ).

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Radarman, how were you "inspired" to use the tail-draggers instead of other aircraft? they seem like an obsure aircraft nowadays... 😕

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Ha ha! I'll like to fly the big jets. But the tail draggers are also quite enjoyable. I haven't taken a small plane up in some time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I don't fly the big jets but I don't care for the Cessna, the Cessna is closer to what I fly.
My choice Cessna (if you put the third wheel in the back 🙄 ).

Radar

Taildraggers are kind of hard for me to fly. i.e. takeoff and land. I sometimes flip over in the smaller ones. I don't fly the big jets too much either.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I always wanted to fly the DC-3 and after I saw how easy it was to fly and land I stuck with them.
I land in fields and roads and take off again, they flip over if you are taxiing to fast and put on the brake. Taxi with full flaps and "pump" the brake. Land on the main gear first, settle down on the tail and then brake.
The tricycle gears flip easier.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

No I mean like in the Piper Cub and Extra on takoff they will flip over on it's side and on landing the same thing happens.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Give them full throttle and they should lift off by themselves. The extra is very fast.
Your landing to fast, or too steep.
But the best bet is that you are trying to turn while taxiing to fast.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I voted for Airbus, since I am an Airbus fan. Most of the time I fly big jets and sometimes I fly Cessna, Piper, etc to get used to those aircraft too. I don't fly tail-draggers...It's not that I don't like them; it's because I'm not interested on them.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't fly taildraggers because I can't. 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

I don't fly taildraggers because I can't.

Lol, it's funny you say that, my bro and his friend came to visit, (they're both in their 30's) and we decided to have a contest to see who could fly the Baron 58 the best...I got my ass handed to me😛 It was awful. Then, we moved to the 757, and I hand flew the entire little flight, which made me the winner automatically, because they used autopilot, and I managed to stay on course with only the Flight Director on.

Pro Member Chief Captain

😂

Pro Member Trainee
Timothy (Moab) Trainee

Myself I like that Mooney plane I think its called

Pro Member Chief Captain

Mooneys my favorite too. But I didn't put it on the polls.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...