Level-D 767 Help!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hi,
I just downloaded the new 767 aircraft. It's very nice, and I love the panel. I have one question about the FMC though, I am not great with them, but I can just about work them. I read all of the material for the PMDG one, but I cannot get the damn thing to descend near the airport. It follows a route (LNAV & VNAV) but I end up just flying over the airport runway heading, instead of descending to it, kinda problem if I want to land sometime. Any help me pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!. Thanks a lot 😀 😀 😀

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

the approach is something different. here you need to select the runway and dial the ILS frequency into the nav radio. Next, using the course knob, you select the exact runway heading. 767 main panel, you'll find a knob at the bottom where you can switch between map/plan/vor mode, but one of those is an ILS/Appr mode. Select that, and it will tune into the runway frequency. Now you need to activate the approach button on the MCP, and make sure you have TWO of the 3 autopilots selected. This way one can control the vertical descent, the other the horizontal. The book will explain the autoland system in much better detail, but it should handle everything to touchdown, including the flare.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Aaaah thanks a lot. Is that the same as the PMDG 737NG? You mention a book? Where can I get that, nothing of much use came with the download I don't think. Also, do you know how I can find out the ZFW and Gross FW. Thanks a lot for alll your help 🍻

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

You'll find the book if you check under Start-All Programs-Flight1 Software- 767 and then select the manual. It's a bit weighty (176 pages), but well worth at least a skim if not a full read through. It also has the startup-procedures at the end.

The FMC works similarly to the PMDG, with a few exceptions. When entering the GW/ZFW, look under the "fuel and payload" menu (under the Aircraft menu in the simulator) and then write down the numbers you see. They're entered in thousands...so if your gross weight is 304,768 lbs, you enter 304.7, not the full number. Also, make sure you fully go through the INIT tab of the FMC, which doesn't automatically come up when you open the FMC, here you need to enter your present position (if that option is selected) which you can find in the "map" under the world menu in the simulator. This one is entered as N1234.5W12345.6 (whatever are the first 5 and 6 numbers you read off).

Best of luck!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...