SearchSearch 

Flap noise

Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

When I extend or retract my flaps on the Cessna 172 or 182, the noise of them retracting or extending continues. Maybe they aren't extending or retracting fully. It does it at 10, 20 and 30% flaps. Anyone else experience this problem Ermm...

8 Responses

Guest Ed Guest

yes, I get that sometimes too. Not every time, but pretty often. I think it's a known bug. I think the flaps are extending, but the sound is stuck in a loop.

What I do is when I hear the sound is to retract the flaps one click, then extend them again. That always seems to fix it.

BTW, I don't think it's limited to the C172; I get it in the King Air and the Lear Jet.

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

Thanks Ed. I have found that doing exactly as you do most of the time corrects the problem. If that doesn't work, turning the speakers off does ❗ 😂

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I hit Q twice and that fixes it for me.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

pause it and then unpause it straight away that works for me

Pro Member Trainee
sfetty Trainee

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 😀 I will certainly try them to get rid of that annoying flap noise. Of course it sometimes drowns out my wife's complaining about me spending too much time on the computer flying. 😂 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Does anyone know how to permantly fix it?

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Seems like its a bug that hasn't been fixed with v9.1 😞 As mentioned, the way I do it is pull them back one notch and then extend again (or vice-versa). You can do this really quickly, you don't have to wait for the flap to go all the way 🙂

Not tried the Pause one but will do it next time 🙂

Dave

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Thanks anyways.