Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

is it magic?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Magic tricks are going on in fs9. I noticed that 😳 I was sitting in traffic waiting for my turn to takeoff at Fairbanks in Alaska and the Continental 767 behind me just disapearred. Is there some way to adjust the amount of time there is before an aircraft disapears?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

This happens, it seems like if the aircraft can't get out at it's scheduled "AI Departure Time" it just dissapears. Neat thing is, it reloads itself part way through it's flight, in the air, cruising... 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain

How did you figure that?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

well...let's just say FEM has waaay too much time on his hands...

Pro Member Chief Captain

I wish I had that kind of time. Got school, band (we are the only elementry school Jazz band that gets to play at Disney Land) I have to practice 45 minutes daily on trumpet piano each. Then that dreaded homework! Evil or Very Mad What ever time I have left is what I use to play flight simulator.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

All kinds of tricks in FS9. Hit and toggle Ctrl and tab w/ your left hand and Shift and backspace w/ your right in flight and you can do a 360 degree view etc. Also up and down. Another trick I discoverd by accident is to land on a certain runway and then park. When an AI goes to that runway and takes off noseing the same direction as to did on approach, let him take off and rotate up to about 800 feet and then hit alt and then select 'Instant replay'. Choose or find a time when your aircraft is a speck in the sky and watch yourself come in on the replay. It's wild as the angle of the view of yourself is dependant on where you stopped the AI before going to Alt and replay. It's worth doing as it is really interesting. Many other tricks in FS9 yet undiscovered! 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
nicam Trainee

olando

how do u listen to live atc, When I click on the link real player starts but nothing happens. so what do you do? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain

Press the play button and listen for about a minute and you will hear something. I've done it before.

when flying in the go to the v/c and press ctrl+shift+enter.The camera will move across the cockpit (you will have to press it seviral times) to move back press ctrl+shift+backspace this only works in the v/c view.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

that post was done by me I did not login.