Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Tricks in FS

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

I was wondering what tricks any of you guys have found or discovered by accident in FS9? I will post two here and hopefully others will come along and give some information on what they know.

One of the things I found was that you can Hit or toggle Ctrl + tab w/ your left hand and Shift + Backspace w/ your right in flight and you can do a 360 degree view of your aircraft and surroundings. Also can facilitate a cool up and down track.

Another trick that I discoverd by accident is to land on a certain runway and then park. When an AI goes to that runway and takes off noseing the same direction as to did on approach, go to a nose/head on view of him and let him take off and rotate up to about 800 feet and then hit alt and then select 'Instant replay'. Choose or find a time when your aircraft is a speck in the sky and watch yourself come in on the replay. It's wild as the angle of the view of yourself is dependant on where you stopped the AI before going to Alt and replay. It's worth doing as it's really interesting. Many other tricks in FS9 yet undiscovered! Smile Smile Smile Smile

-George. Cool

Pro Member Trainee
siron Trainee

I can't understand what you meant, in the second trick ??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Many people conplain about ATC handoffs on long hauls when they want to nap ect. Instead of canceling your IFR flightplan. JUst simply wait for the next handoff but don't contact the next center. When you are 200nms out just contact the center by using the autotune frequency. Smile

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yep, I occasionally use that trick of not contacting the next Centre, to take a break from the ATC hand-offs (highly irregular behaviour!), it is handy because if you let the IFR get cancelled, it pauses the whole sim to re-load it which lessens the realism.

I'll be trying your tricks Orlando George !