There's stupid people in the world.....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

This is rather funny, at least I think so.

Alex (FEM) is driving down the road (Bout 45 min ago) eating his Wendy's Hambuger, while a white truck rides his ass. He's going slow (50mph in a 55mph zone) so he can concentrate. When he pulls up to the intersection, dipwad (man in white truck) hollers, "you should eat when you get home, not when you're driving" Alex gives thumbs up while rolling his eyes, and dipwad goes peeling off, all pissed, probably to go home and beat his wife and kids. 😉

Never once did i swerve or do any other thing.

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest

Hahahaha awesome story 😛

Yea some people are stupid when they drive and get super pissed if you dont drive at the speed they want.

Don Wood Guest

Let me give you another perspective, Alex.

There are several scientific studies that have shown that driving while being distracted by eating, using a cell phone, tuning a radio, even talking with friends can be as dangerous as driving under the influence of alcohol. It has also been shown that people who are distracted while driving often have no idea that they are, in fact, not driving safely. They do swerve across traffic lane lines, run stop signs, or drive under the speed limit, thereby causing an undue traffic hazard.

I can tell you from my law enforcement experience that there are at least several states in which you can be cited for careless driving if caught in a distracting act at the same time you commit a traffic violation.

I have to agree with the gentleman you so charmingly called "dipwad" and to whom you ascribed a violent temperment. You should either eat or drive but not both at the same time.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Breaking News ! "GPS Kid" Analysis of both sides :-

By the sounds of it, his driving up your backside (tailgating) was far more dangerous than your eating the Hamburger - but it seems our "Law Enforcement" expert missed that risk of danger ! Law Enforcement people get very mixed levels of respect from me - respect for the danger they often exposed to, but a big lack of respect for the "everything is black and white" / Lack of acceptance of the nuances that apply to circumstances and incidents that have happened.... I just watched a documentary where an innocent black man spent 5 years of his life in prison because he was cycling past a crime scene shortly after it happened. Witnesses saw him cycling past at the time (quite correctly) so the Police mindset: "You were the last person seen at the scene, so you done it".... 5 years later 100% conclusive DNA proof (and a Confession) led to another man being convicted, and the innocent man's release (without compensation or a Police apology as often seems the case).

Law Enforcement have the ability to serve and protect us and often do a anazing job..... But they also have the ability to misuse their power and harass or bully us, which I have seen direct evidence of here in the UK.

So I guess "Law Enforcement Experience" doesn't win automatic respect. (In the way that being an Airline Pilot DOES win auto respect 😉 ).

However, saying that, yeah I think it would be more sensible not to eat a Burger while driving. But I maintain that being just a couple of feet from the car in front (like the dipweed was doing), was more directly likely to have caused the collision in this case.

Sentencing :-

Alex / FEM - For driving while eating a burger, you are sentenced to 10 hours long haul flying in the DC3. (Yes, with lots of re-fuelling stops).

Don - For havin a little too much of a "Ex - Law Enforcement" mindset, you are sentenced to fly from New Yor to Boston in the FS2004 Piper Cub.

.......... Right, back to flying!

kk1 Guest

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Breaking News ! "GPS Kid" Analysis of both sides :-

By the sounds of it, his driving up your backside (tailgating) was far more dangerous than your eating the Hamburger - but it seems our "Law Enforcement" expert missed that risk of danger ! Law Enforcement people get very mixed levels of respect from me - respect for the danger they often exposed to, but a big lack of respect for the "everything is black and white" / Lack of acceptance of the nuances that apply to circumstances and incidents that have happened.... I just watched a documentary where an innocent black man spent 5 years of his life in prison because he was cycling past a crime scene shortly after it happened. Witnesses saw him cycling past at the time (quite correctly) so the Police mindset: "You were the last person seen at the scene, so you done it".... 5 years later 100% conclusive DNA proof (and a Confession) led to another man being convicted, and the innocent man's release (without compensation or a Police apology as often seems the case).

Law Enforcement have the ability to serve and protect us and often do a anazing job..... But they also have the ability to misuse their power and harass or bully us, which I have seen direct evidence of here in the UK.

So I guess "Law Enforcement Experience" doesn't win automatic respect. (In the way that being an Airline Pilot DOES win auto respect 😉 ).

However, saying that, yeah I think it would be more sensible not to eat a Burger while driving. But I maintain that being just a couple of feet from the car in front (like the dipweed was doing), was more directly likely to have caused the collision in this case.

Sentencing :-

Alex / FEM - For driving while eating a burger, you are sentenced to 10 hours long haul flying in the DC3. (Yes, with lots of re-fuelling stops).

Don - For havin a little too much of a "Ex - Law Enforcement" mindset, you are sentenced to fly from New Yor to Boston in the FS2004 Piper Cub.

.......... Right, back to flying!

hehe yeah

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Your driving home enjoying your burger(I take it its quite late a night.....but no matter)

Forget about the dipstick behind you,lets just say its you and just a little light traffic

So you take a bite and a blob of ketchup squirts out onto your shirt Doh!

Whats the 1st thing you do ❓

You look down at your shirt

In that split second someone runs out in front of you( a young kid, a punk,a drunk, a young mother with her baby in her arms,.................................................................... it does not matter)

KILLED for a $2 burger

Makes you think ❓

Save your burger till you get home

Yes there are some stupid people in the world

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Yeh so the guy was tail gating and thats bad too, so is eating etc as pointed out while driving.

You cannot concentrate ad all it takes is a seconds inattention not even that and you can have a dead pedestrian on your hands.

A friend of mine was knocked down and put in a coma by someone who dropped a bar of chocolate and looked away from the road to pick it up...

Don't tailgate!

Don't eat/do your hair/talk on the phone/read the paper/shave/work on a laptop/ do anything which means you are not looking at the road while you drive!

Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Captain

Yip totally agree - we should all treat driving as more of a skill and concentrate more, rather than our minds wandering on everything other than our driving!

Guest Ed Guest

The_GPS_Kid,

I'm coming down on the side of law enforcement and not driving while distracted on this one. Someone else driving unsafely does not make it okay for FEM to drive unsafely, for all the reasons others have pointed out.

Police officers don't get paid to see shades of grey, they get paid to show up at the scene, determine if a law has been broken, and make an arrest if possible. The don't say, "Well, what he was doing isn't as bad as what the other guy was doing, so I'll let him go." 😂

And I don't believe it's right to blame someone going to jail on the police officer who arrested him or her-- in our countries, there is a judge and a jury involved, too. The police bring in the mostly likely suspect, and the judicial system decides "whodunnit." Most of the time they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong (just like all the rest of us human beans).

Now let's get back to flying, huh? 😉

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Kind of on the topic take this situation......flying two crew charter op, night flight in the cruise we as pilots are fed on occasion, so we are both eating "caring" for our passengers safety...is this wrong??
Back to FEM there is nothing that pisses me off more than someone tailgating as if they do this once there is no doubt it is their usual habit. What annoys me is, in general, the police would rather stop a driver doing 80 or 90mph on the motorway (limit is 70) on a quiet night empty road than someone driving 3 feet off someones bumper at 70mph....why? Easier to prosecute the speeder and process the paperwork I guess. I think as drivers we all have either changed the radio station ,eaten something, etc etc it is natural.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Kind of on the topic take this situation......flying two crew charter op, night flight in the cruise we as pilots are fed on occasion, so we are both eating "caring" for our passengers safety...is this wrong??

Cars don't have autopilot 🙂

I have changed the radio before but i can do that without looking at it.

I have personally not eaten and driven before.

Yes tailgaters are annoying...

equally people who drive into you crushing you to death for the sake of feeding their greedy faces 10 minutes eary is annoying too!

Pro Member Captain

Hot views - you know what? Let's not get at eachother for any of the views, as we're all buddies regardless of how we see certain situations.

Insight, you had experiance of a Road Accident that put a friend in a coma, so it's not surprising that you feel the way you do on this topic.

The angle I came at was because I have a couple of bad experiances of bad Police treatment - I'm not talking about being chucked in the back of a Police Van for being drunk as that is not me (as you would hopefully guess), I'm talking about true Police incompetance that caused a terrible strain of my family.... it wasn't an individual I'm talking of here, I'm talking about the SYSTEM that we were subjected to. It was true hell and I'm sad to say it has left me pretty much despising the Police institution that we have here in the UK.... (Not all of the individuals obviously) The protection is vital but never under-estimate the damage the Police have the power to do.

Ed I take you points completely and respect your view.

I have a wry smile in the corner of my mouth, as I'm thinking about how Mr FEM raised this debate and how he's probably now chuckling at starting World War III ! 😉 (Only jesting FEM).

"A view is exactly what it says it is..... just one eyeshot of a far off hill is not the hill itself".

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Insight-lesson number one never trust automation! Let me change the scenario to SPIFR in a clapped out Piper Chieftain with no AP.
So are you telling me you must look at the food you are eating!! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

So are you telling me you must look at the food you are eating!!

No way man. If i look at it, that means less time I get to spend eating it... 😂 😎

seriously tho, unless i dump something like lighter fluid/gas/opium Whistle on me, I ususally don't pay attention...

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

speaking of tailgating, a guy at work got ticketed for that the other day. 4 points on your license in addition to a pretty good fine here in New York. The insurance companies love you for those points.

As for eating while driving, I would never do that as it would greatly increase the risk of spilling my beer 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain

Aww man, you CAN'T have that, that's Alcohol Abuse right there...spilling your beer... 😛 😂

Guest Ed Guest

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Hot views - you know what? Let's not get at eachother for any of the views, as we're all buddies regardless of how we see certain situations.

You're right about that, Kid.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

LOL!
You can get arrested in the UK for doing that. It was all over the papers a week or so ago that a woman HOLDING an apple was done.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Heh..

I guess its ok until something happens that affects you, a close friend or a family member...suddenley your view will change.

GPS Kid, yeh I have had bad police treatment too and I am in no way backing them uip on everything they do

Rest of you,

Joke about it but think about all the people in the world that are no longer here to joke about this sort of thing because of someone elses negligence! (spelling?)

Airbruton Guest

I think we have covered this eating/driving business quite sufficiently. Let's move on to something that really matters. They were both wrong, get past it. 🙄

Pro Member Captain

We did get past it - the last posting before yours was over a month ago !

😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...