Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

fs does not startup

Guest Guest

just got fs2004, it installed fine but when i go to play it, it always hangs at the splash screen and says its not responding, i tried the nocd patch but it still does the same thing??? -thanks for any help

wonderwally Guest

Same here, although it doesn't hang, it just quits out.

I have installed latest Nvidia drivers, but no joy.

The First time it loads it does the scenery library bit, but then just bombs out every other time.

Please help

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Reffer to this past post, it should help:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/32/which-video-card/

This could be a permissions issue. Try right clicking on FS2004 and click on Run As. Then Use Administrator and type the password in. See how that works.

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total
Guest Guest

no luck, it said unable to log on "logon failure: user account restriction. possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrictions, or a poilicy restriction has been enforced." ????? i have no idea what to do, its like it starts to load up but then the cdrom just stops running.

Pro Member Site Admin

Basically try that again, and make sure you login as Administrator with the correct admin password (even if you don't have one or auto-logon is onfigured). I take it you are using XP?

Guest Guest

i tried loggin in as the admin, but it says i can't because of account restrictions.......how do i get rid of these restrictions?

Wonderwally Guest

Won't let me login as Administrator. Is anybody else using XP home edition?

I installed FS2004 using a Computer Administrator acocunt, and can only login to Safe Mode as Administartor. As soon as i sort this out i will post what i did, but it makes sense, as i have moved My Documents to a seperate Drive.

Guest Guest

yea thats exactly whats happening for me, im using xp home ed. and it'll only let me login to the admin in safe mode. it gives me an account restriction in normal startup. this is really frustrating cuz it just stops running after the dick check. Mad Mad Mad Mad

Wonderwally Guest

I can't beleive this. I'm sure the solution is there, and it's probably easy. I have been on the XP Professional Course, and i could sort it if it were Professional, but Home Edition is just that little bit more simplified (stupid Microsoft).

I will have it sorted soon, just keep looking here.

Wonderwally Guest

Give this a try, didn't work for me, but it might for you

Login as Administrator (in Safe Mode if you have to)

Right click on the program Directory and select Security, make sure that your user has 'FULL' access to this, by default, mine didn't

where would i find the program directory?

Wonderwally Guest

Depends where you installed it, but dfault is

C:\Program Files\Microfot Games\Flight Simulator 9

oh ok, thanks i'll that

nope still didnt work, i still keep getting that account restriction crap....this sucks!!!! thanks for your help anyway though

Wonderwally Guest

I have just made usre by default user (computer Administrator) has complete access to every directory on my PC (it previously didn't), this hasn't worked, so i am ununstalling as we speak and going to reintsall.

I ope this actually fixes the problem and it's not something stupid to do with refreesh rates or screen resolution, because i'm going to be annoyed if it is.

Can you believe Microsoft can ship software that won't even work correctly with their 'Flagship' own operating system . . . oh silly me, they've always done that

yea, ive tried just about every combination of resolution, color rate, and refreshrate possible. still no luck

Wonderwally Guest

Same here, i really don't think it's that, and i'm glad somebody else has tried it.

Just about to start the install, wish me luck *crosses fingers, and legs, and every other part of his body that can be crossed*

Wonderwally Guest

Uninstall and reinstall doesnt work

Time to trawl the micorosft message boards

Wonderwally Guest

SORTED

A combination of Micorosft Website and the post that Flyaway pointed out (cheers)

I had moved my My Documents to another drive, move it back, and the thing works. Chnage back to where i want it, and it doesn't. I think an E-Mail will be finding it's way to Microsoft. Guest, hope this fixes it for you

Pro Member Site Admin

Great - the post I actually referred to (and a problem I had myself) was based on Windows XP Pro. Still a slightly stupid fix to the problem, and somwhat frustrating - but at least you are able to sim away now! 🙂

Wonderwally Guest

OK, change your My Documents to the default (you dont have to copy your files or anything, you will be changing it back)

Launch the game

Come out and copy the Flight Simulator Files directory was created to where you want your My Documents to actually be, then change My Documents back to that folder. Hey presto, it works.

Merry Christmas

Pro Member Site Admin

Great fix now fully understood - I'm still using the logon method every time I load! Thanks for the info 🙂

when u say change your 'my documents' to the default, do u mean changing the target to c:\my documents, cuz right now, my target says C:\Documents and Settings\<myaccount>\My Documents. i kinda get what u mean, but could u explain it in more detail. -thanks

well i dont get this at all, i just installed it on my old compaq running windows98 and it loaded up right away.....too bad its not playable on it. And this whole admin account restriction is pissing me off, i dont know how to go into and change the security options, if i knew how to chnage em i think it'll actually work. also i dont know how i would set 'my documents' to the default, its already at its dfault.

Pro Member Trainee
wonderwally Trainee

Sorry, i should have asked the question. Yes you are already set as the default

I can't actually see whats wrong now. All i can say is that when I installed FS2004 on my XP machine, it couldn't create the folder necassary in My documents. When i changed the location to the default location (which yours already is) it worked. By changing the directory to my preferred location and copying the folder created by FS2004 to there, it still works. I having been playing fine, and have used imported aircraft, so it is definately working.

Try creating a Directory in My Documents called (without quotations) 'Flight Simulator Files' When the program starts it might create the necassary files there.

Let me know how this goes

i made a flight simulator files folder in my documents, and still didnt load up. i even tried putting in some saved flights from the installation on my compaq, still didnt work. i dont know what else i could do, i tried reinstalling like 5 times already. Do u know how i could turn off the "account restrictions" that i'm getting tryin to login to the administrator account. cuz if i get that workin, i could try the (run as) solution that flyaway suggested.

Pro Member Site Admin

Right click on FS2004 and click on Run As

i tried that and got this error

hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for all your help, i finally got it working now. -thanks again

Pro Member Trainee
wonderwally Trainee

what did you do?

Pro Member Trainee
wlgary Trainee

I dont understand what he did eithe. But I got mine to work my deleting "Previous flight" out of "My Documents/Flght Simulator". This is trashy because you mght want to use "Previous flight" and sometimes I have the same problem when saving newly created flights or flight plans. I have to delete the new ones to get FS to run again.

Pro Member Trainee
ciuwilliam Trainee

I have the same problem with the program not responding. I mentioned this in an earlier post. I really don't know what to do. I don't understand the switching the flile thing.

Pro Member Trainee
wlgary Trainee

I have opened problem with Microsoft and have received a responce. I am also a programmer so maybe we can get this bug exterminated.

takker Guest

I had the same problem, but the problem was fixed by installing the latest version of directX.

whereas the supplied version 9.0 didn't, version 9.0b did the trick!!!

get it at Microsoft.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/3/c/73cc71c0-13d9-4274-8d9c-33d8a528a396/dxwebsetup.exe

good luck!

-Pete- Guest

Hey all, i am having some problems. I have just installed the No-cd Crack, and i get this error message when i start up FS2004.... I am stumped, can anyone help? i have changed my display settings, i have an ASUS V9480 - Ti4800SE graphics card, and have got direct x 9.0b installed, i have reinstalled... I don't know what to do???

here is the error message that comes up right at the start on the load screen :

AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.30612 ModName: user32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1134 Offset: 00012726

Thanks for your Help!
-Pete-

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It sounds as if you put the crack in the wrong place.
Either move it and replace it with the old app that you removed or remove it and load the Sim over itself to get it working again.

Pro Member Site Admin

Reffer to this past post, it should help:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/32/which-video-card/

This could be a permissions issue. Try right clicking on FS2004 and click on Run As. Then Use Administrator and type the password in. See how that works.

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total
RobinH Guest

😛

Some code may have screwed up.
Just reformat yr drive C:
Install XP
Then install FS2004
It sure work fine.
Then create restore point
followed by install XP update the Microsoft etc

Always check and create restore point,
if it don't work, restore back

Otherwise u need to reformat the drive again, and install fresh XP