Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

QUICKLY PLEASE

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I want to land in Miami from Paris before tomorrow but I am flying a concorde. You would expect me to be there in a few hours. Not at this rate. My fuel is low and I have full throttle. I am only doing 140 knots and it is dropping. Confused What do I do? Question Question Question

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

If you check under the "keyboard assignments" you'll find a tab for "add fuel quantity." You can set it to something like "shift + tab" and it will add a certain amount of fuel to your plane. Another option is you can look under the windows above, go to "fuel and payload" and just boost the numbers yourself.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh. I am sorry. I meant my fuel flow is low. I have almost full tanks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I had the same problem in a 757, because I clicked something in the Overhead panel, god knows what?! But the fuel flow dropped as did the speed. I just had to restart Sad . Someone will give you better advice! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain

There is this one switch that says fuel pump and the three options are "Auto Pump" "Fore" or "Stop" Question

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

pardon the slang, but what the hell panel are you using???

and 140 knots, that don't seem right at all... i wonder what's up

Pro Member Chief Captain

It happened on both my Concorde. Oh your right, I ened up stalling and crashing. The same one as everybody else. The one taht RadarMan refers everybody too.

Pro Member Chief Captain

How high are you flying?

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

Is this something that has only started happening? or have you just started flying Concorde? It is a complex aircraft to fly sending fuel to and fro to balance things, keeping the C of G "right" etc. GPS Kid has some hours on the Concorde he may be able to advise better. One I have not flown much.

Pro Member Chief Captain

GPS has a payware concorde, I've got the same one as Mypilot. But in order for either one of us to help you, you should tell us your procedures for flying it.

What I'd like to know:

1 Your starting airport and destination
2. Your fuel on board
3. Takeoff and climb procedure
4. Cruise altitude
5. Cruise speed (In Mach number)

Hi,

I'm not sure what Concorde you're referring to and I've only flown the new Just Flight PSS Concorde Pro.... but in any realistic Concorde simulation, the symptoms you've described are caused by a failure to balance the C of G % rate..... (Centre of Gravity).

(What this basically means is that your Flight Engineer ain't doing his job!).

Concorde has 13 Fuel tanks and due to it's dynamics the Flight Engineer has a full time job constantly shifting the fuel around the tanks to keep the the Centre of Gravity in the right place to allow correct climb and descent rates.

On the PSS Concorde you can control this manually (which is virtually impossible because theres just to much to be doing up front as the Pilot Flying, never mind keeping the Engineers Panel right !), or you can select a VFE (Virtual Flight Engineer) to look after it for you.

If the C of G is set incorrectly in any phase of flight the symptoms would include :-

- Failure to climb or ascend at normal rates.
- Failure to accelerate, or to reach speeds > Mach 1.0.
- Fuel Flow issues due to dry tanks still being selected.

I know this doesn't exactly answer your Q as I just don't know what Panel you're using, but this will give you some ideas.

Ciaio for now !

Pro Member Chief Captain

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

How high are you flying?

i WAS trying to climb up to fl480. Normal cruise altitude at M. 2.02

Pro Member Chief Captain

PH wrote:

Is this something that has only started happening? or have you just started flying Concorde? It is a complex aircraft to fly sending fuel to and fro to balance things, keeping the C of G "right" etc. GPS Kid has some hours on the Concorde he may be able to advise better. One I have not flown much.

I just started flying it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure what Concorde you're referring to and I've only flown the new Just Flight PSS Concorde Pro.... but in any realistic Concorde simulation, the symptoms you've described are caused by a failure to balance the C of G % rate..... (Centre of Gravity).

(What this basically means is that your Flight Engineer ain't doing his job!).

Concorde has 13 Fuel tanks and due to it's dynamics the Flight Engineer has a full time job constantly shifting the fuel around the tanks to keep the the Centre of Gravity in the right place to allow correct climb and descent rates.

On the PSS Concorde you can control this manually (which is virtually impossible because theres just to much to be doing up front as the Pilot Flying, never mind keeping the Engineers Panel right !), or you can select a VFE (Virtual Flight Engineer) to look after it for you.

If the C of G is set incorrectly in any phase of flight the symptoms would include :-

- Failure to climb or ascend at normal rates.
- Failure to accelerate, or to reach speeds > Mach 1.0.
- Fuel Flow issues due to dry tanks still being selected.

I know this doesn't exactly answer your Q as I just don't know what Panel you're using, but this will give you some ideas.

Ciaio for now !

Ok . Thanks for the help. I'll try it next time.

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

MPilot,

Gee, this sounds serious. Shocked Will be tough making it to Miami like that no doubt. The CG issue that folks brought up sounds right to me. As I recall from other posts, everything in Concord is done at a measured pace? Climbing done in a planned manner, and deceleration not done at a moments notice? Acceleration and throttling planned carefully so that one reaches speeds such as M1.7 at certain alts etc. ..I bring this up because it seems like the failure(s) could be a series of deviations from the set flight procedures?

Flight AF4590. A sad day for aviation. Crying or Very sad