Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

GPS-Kid, I need you!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello! I have a question about the PSS A340 Professional.
I was doing my first tutorial and I was about to land so I saved the flight just in case. "If something goes wrong, I have my saved flight," I said. Ok, everything was going good until I landed. A 737 was taking off from the opposite runway 😳 and it hitted me when it was taking off. What happened? "Accident - Aircraft Collision" Ok, it wasn't that bad. I had my saved flight so I can do it again. Here comes the problem. I chose my saved flight and every screen is in black. I can't see anything. The Batt 1 and 2 is on. Everything is as it should be, I think, but the PFD, ND and ECAMS shows a black screen. What can I do about it? Do you know a fix to that?

I'd really appreciate your help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ok, i'm NEVER buying ANYTHING that says PSS as long as i live! This is like the 8th problem i've heard about them. 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain

The PSS is a great product. I really like it. You just need to find all their secrets 😉

Hi Agus,

Sorry about the delay - take no notice of our friend FEM, he is just fearing the unknown when it comes to PSS add-ons... 😉

(What you've got to remember is that people only mentions things when they wrong in order to get help - few people post about all the fab things about PSS products!).

Ok Agus, I'm afraid I have some bad news - this is not specific to PSS or A340 but most of the complex add-ons do not have the capability to 'save' their Panel Configuration. This is a FS2004 weakness..... because add-ons like this add lots of new functions that doesn't come with default FS Panels, it means FS has no way of saving the full "Panel State" when you hit save.

However the good news is things are changing ....... and guess who have pioneered the first complex add-on where ALL of the Panel settings are saved...... THAT'S RIGHT IT'S ..... PSS !

The new PSS Concorde Pro will save ALL of the settings on the Panel and when you resume a saved flight, EVERYTHING comes back on line... Yeeha !

Also, the new Level D 767 does exactly the same - all of the systems like the FMC are resumed when you go back to a saved flight... 😀

I think as time goes on - all new add ons will give this, but the bad news for you my friend is that the PSS A340 Panel can't really be saved. Crying or Very sad

Let me know if I can help you with anything else on the A340.

😉

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Hey, that was me..... why did my PC not recognise me!

Bizarre - RadarMan is right, I'm having a nightmare since installing the god damn latest Microsoft updates !

Pro Member Chief Captain

Crying or Very sad That's a shame. I always need to save my flights since my brothers need the computer to do something, even if we have 4 computers, they always want the one that I use Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, thank you so much, GPS-Kid. I guess I will have to do the tutorial again and I hope to see that 737 away....gone....not in my way again 😂

Well, I'll still enjoy this wonderful addon. And of course, learn how to fly it every day.

If I have another question concerning the PSS A340, I'll ask you.

Pro Member Captain

There is a bit of a workaround but it's quite messy :-

- Save your A340 flight wherever you choose to.
- Before you close the session, note your altitude, speed, etc.
- Close the session.

- When you re-open the flight and your screens are black, to this;
- PRESS PAUSE STRAIGHT AWAY !
- Now choose "Select Aircraft" and load the Cessna, then re-load the A340.
(Keep the sim paused throughout).
- Now, switch your Batteries back on, bring everything on-line and reload the FS flightplan into the FMC and basically set it up again.
- Ensure you return the AutoPilot settings back to where they were on the flight.
- Now, when you hit pause, the sim will start and although the plane may take a few seconds to sort itself out, all should be ok to continue your flight.

As I said, it's really messy - I only fly the A340 on long-haul flights, (well, say 3 hours or so), when I can complete the flight without saving.

I generally don't like to save flights as it lessens the continuity and realism - but hey, I know that there are times and circumstances when we need to save fights ! Twisted Evil

Once you've learned A340 you might be better off buying A320 Pro (FS2002 but with patch for FS2004), because it operates almost the same !

...But it means you can do lot's of great short-haul flights.

As I said, most new add-ons coming out DO enable you to save everything. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, thanks for the explanation, GPS-Kid.

I don't like to save my flights, neither, but sometimes I have to for different reasons. But 95% of my flights are not-saved flights.

I will also use the A340 to do long hauls, but approximately 11 hours. 11.8 hours was my longest flight.

Yes, I want to buy the A320 too. It is such a cute plane, hehe. I love Airbuses.

Here's another question for you. I've read that with most of the addons don't allow you to turn during pushback. Well, the pushback works with the A340 Pro but it doesn't turn. Do you know how to fix that?

Thank you

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Slew. It doesnt "Pause" the simulation, only what your aircraft is doing...Or try and find a pushback gauge addon

Pro Member Captain

Hi Agus,

Yes I can help you with that one !

All you need to do is go into your Key "Assignments" from the CONTROL menu and assign pushback to a button that does not use SHIFT.

(For some reason a lot of add-ons won't turn during Pushback if SHIFT+P is being used, or any button combined with a SHIFT).

I have changed mine so that the 'O' key is assigned to Puchback and this works for me..... now when you want to turn left or right during Pushback, hit your new key, such as O and then hit the 1 or 2 keys and it should work for you.

The other alternative, as FEM said is that you can download a FREE Pushback Guage from AVSIM.COM that will manage your pushbacks!

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thank you!!! I will assign a new key, then.

By the way, I finished my first tutorial 😛 I landed safely and when I was doing the rollout, an incoming 737 did a go around because of me 😂.
I will start the second tutorial tomorrow. Now, I want to watch my new World Air Routes Air France A330-200 video. It came today!

Pro Member Captain

I have that DVD too Agus.... It's great.

If you are a A340 fan, you should also get the "BWIA A340" (British West Indies Airlines) from the same series...... that's really good!

Enjoy it !

😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh, yes I am a A340 fan. Thanks for the advice. I will get BWIA A340 soon. I'll let you know. Also there is an Air France A340-300. I'll get it too.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hey, GPS-Kid. I have another question for you about my superb A340 😉

I've finished the second tutorial and I was wondering how can I know the different frequencies of an airport using the MCDU. For example, I want to know the ATIS of the Heathrow airport, how can I check that?

I'd appreciate your help, as always 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oops! I forgot to ask you this. I assigned a push back key to Ctrl + P and when I hit those keys and press 1 or 2 to turn, the aircraft doesn't turn. I don't know why. Maybe I should try with the key "O" but I have that key for the beacons already. Well, I don't press the "O" key to turn on the beacons....I do it using the panel. Anyway, I have to try that.

Pro Member Captain

The pushback won't work with a combination that includes SHIFT, CTRL or ALT....... sorry, I should have made that more clear.

You don't have to use "O" if you already use it for something else, just find a standard keyboard button, and assign that (you could maybe use "K" as I don't think that is assigned).

As for getting the ATIS from the MCDU I'm afraid it can't tell you that.... But it can tell you your ILS frequencies without you having to check the FS Map and pausing the Sim.

If you want a programme that will tell you EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about your Departure and Arrival airports, before you fly, take a look at Flight Sim Commander 7.0 ( www.fscommander.com ), I use this as my primary flight planner now - before you even start up FS you can get all of the frequencies for any airport (including ATIS frequencies for any Airport that has ATIS).

But remember that you can only tune the ATIS signal when you are reasonably close to that Airport.... You can certainly get them earlier than FS would tell you the frequency though - so it is a very useful tool.

Good luck - sounds as though you are doing well - I hope you're still practicing your manual approaches though and not taking too much advantage of the A340's nice CAT3 Autoland !

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hello GPS-Kid! Thank you for the information.
I'll change that Pushback key another day. Tomorrow I'm going to London for some holidays. It's going to be nice!

I'll be back in 4 days.

As for the tutorials, I'm still doing them. I doing right now the A340-300 from Miami to...to....hmmm....I forgot. I think it was New York. Yes, it's New York, John F. Kennedy Intl. Airport (KJFK) Well, I'm making the CAT 3 landings right now. But when I finish the tutorials, I'll practice the manual landings. Do I only have to disactivate the Autopilot for manual approaches using the PSS? Could you give me some advice about that? I know how to land, but I need some advice on how to land manually the PSS since it's a nice aircraft and I need to know important things about landing the aircraft manually.

Well, GPS-Kid. I say goodbye and I see you in 4 days.