Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Uninstalling FS2004 question

Garren Guest

Is it possible to uninstall the program of FS2004 without getting rid of all the modifications and extra craft I've added since buying it?
I need more room on the hard drive and I don't use FS2004 as much as I used to... but at the same time, I don't have back ups for most of the modifications so I'm reluctant to uninstall and then go through finding everything and installing it all again.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You can keep the aircraft (even move the folder) but as to your other "modifications" since we don't know what they are we can't comment on them.
Moving folders from and then back is the easiest way.

Radar

I'm not even sure of the full modifications as I've randomly picked ones that sounded good and added them lol.
Thanks for the suggestion though, the planes are what I would like to save the most. 😉

Garren Guest

Oops, that was me... signing off now, ty again ❗

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

What I do is save files on a CD and when I re-install, all I have to do is 'drag and drop' the files and BADA BING!! All is good without lengthly reloading of addons.

These files are: FS9's modules, textures, gages and effects. I also save the entire aircraft folders of the planes I have done a lot of work on.