Timezones in Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Jesperguest Guest

Hello!

I’m wondering, when I place an aircraft at Heathrow (London) airport and check the time, the local time is equal to GMT/UTC, as expected.
Moving the aircraft to Changi (Singapore) airport the difference is +6 hours, not +8 as expected.
Moving the aircraft to Hong Kong airport the difference is +7, not +8 as expected.

Can someone explain to me why this is happening?
I checked the time zone offset in Windows Time Zones and both Singapore and Hong Kong is GMT/UTC +8. I also searched the web and found same result, so I wonder why the offset in flight simulator is different!

Is this a bug? (I doubt) -or did I misunderstand something about time zones?

Jesper

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Wile E Coyote Guest

I know what you mean and you are right. The time zones are really diffrent from what you see in other sites. I'm a pilot myself and I've learned about it. I don't know the real reason but I can think of two:

One
I don't know which country you are from, but in my country we change the clock twice a year. Once in summer and once in winter. Maybe the time zones that you looked on were depended on this kind of setting, and not the aviation kind.

Two
There are places that divide the zones according to coordinates (longitude lines), and other places divide them with other system (it's hard to explain).

Anyway, you shouldn't concern about it. Play only according to the data in the simulator.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...