Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

just another report

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

This is just a rough draft. It is a language project. The rough draft is due tomorrow. :

Steve Fossett completed his non-stop, solo flight around the world on March 4, 2005. He flew the Virgin Atlantic Global Flyer that was sponsered by Virgin Atlantic. Steve Fossett was 60 years old. It took him four days or 67 hours at an altitiued of 46,000 feet and an average speed of 287 mph. While in flight Steve was in constant contact with ATC, or air traffic control. His flight started and ended in Salina Kansas. While over Japan he realized that he was missing 2,600 punds of fuel. He called this, "A huge setback" Because of that flaw, he almost was forced to land in Hawaii, but he causght an unexpected 60 knot tailwind which carred him back to Salina Kansas. After he landed he admitted that the most difficult part of the flight was the takoff. "So many things could have gone wrong." he told reporters. It was a dangerous flight, with little sleep and diet milkshakes.

Correct me if I have any information wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check our news section.
And correct your spelling by running it through MSWord.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/archive/2005/03/

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

OK.

This is only the rough draft. She is going through it with us step by step. So it can't be perfect.

Guest Ed Guest

Yeah, give the poor woman a break and correct your spelling before you turn it in.

Ed

Bob Seath Guest

Better run that rough draft through a spell checker.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Guest Ed wrote:

Yeah, give the poor woman a break and correct your spelling before you turn it in.

Ed

Uh, I am and 12 year-old boy

Guest FEM Guest

Jesus, let's all hop on the spellcheck gang-bang!!!

MyPilot, better check your spelling!

It's been a bad day

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here it's now better then before, not perfect but better.

Steve Fossett completed his non-stop, solo flight around the world on March 4, 2005. He flew the Virgin Atlantic Global Flyer that was sponsored by Virgin Atlantic. Steve Fossett was 60 years old. It took him four days or 67 hours at an altitude of 46,000 feet and an average speed of 287 mph. While in flight Steve was in constant contact with ATC, or air traffic control. His flight started and ended in Salina Kansas. While over Japan he realized that he was missing 2,600 pounds of fuel. He called this, "A huge setback" Because of that flaw, he almost was forced to land in Hawaii, but he caught an unexpected 60-knot tailwind that carried him back to Salina Kansas. After he landed he admitted that the most difficult part of the flight was the takeoff. "So many things could have gone wrong, he told reporters. It was a dangerous flight, with little sleep and diet milkshakes.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

I think the content is great MyPilot, well done !

Pro Member Chief Captain

Guest FEM wrote:

Jesus, let's all hop on the spellcheck gang-bang!!!

MyPilot, better check your spelling!

It's been a bad day

Why?

I just wanted to make sure the information was all correct. I am only aloud to do the rough draft. I am only in 6th grade so my teacher (Mrs. Woolley) is walking us through it step by step. Monday we are going to "Revise" it. Tuesday, proofread it. and on Wednesday, final copy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Oh dude, you missed my point. I was commenting on the fact that the minute one person makes a comment on your spelling, everyone else hops on the "critisize-the-member" bandwagon

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh yeah. I don't mind. I will run it through MS word when on Tuesday.

Guest Ed Guest

mypilot wrote:

Guest Ed wrote:

Ed

Uh, I am and 12 year-old boy

Good for you. Enjoy it while you can. Before you know it, you'll be a grouchy 55 year old man. 😂

Spelling and grammar are pet peeves of mine. I work with college graduates (many with advanced degrees) who can't spell or put together a complete sentence. You ask for corrections of the information; an incorrectly spelled word is incorrect information, right?

And you might consider reworking the last sentence: are you saying diet milkshakes are dangerous? Maybe the information about what Fossett consumed could go in a different sentence.

Let us know when you want help with the punctuation! 😉

Ed

Napamule Guest

Your mind goes thru lots of words in a 10 second span. The trick is to slow your mind down-to a crawl. Then you can write things like:
'
Mary had a little lamb'
'Her fleese was white as snow..'
(Was Mary's fleese white, or the lamb's?)
'
When she grew older, she grew bolder'
"So she slew the 'u', and ate her ...'
(Now her alphabet is missing a 'u'?) (heehee)
Chuck

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

OK guys and probably girls. I think the guy gets the point.

what a strange posting - seems to me that loads of people were trying to help, not get at the kid for his spelling.

i think you should be grateful for the help, and maybe stick a post on thanking people, rather than get worked up that people were correcting the spelling.

Embarassed