An open letter to the moderators.

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

I have noticed in the screenshot gallery,that there´s some guest,who comments on the pictures in a very downgrading and childish manner.
I don´t mind constructive comments or criticism.
This so-called guest,hasn´t even gotten a name,in order to track him down and exclude him.
Now - is there a way to make it for members only ?
My thought is that we should have it set up,so it´s all right for guest to visit,but members only for comments on screenies,and to participate in our forum.
Any ideas ? 🙂

Answers 25 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Hi Fredericia01, I've noticed that too. Like it said at the bottom at the screenshot, "Some words are auto sensored and will be removed" That obviously is not working. I'm not so sure about excluding guests though, because they make 75% of the posts it looks like.

Pro Member First Officer

I guess that it´s OK with guests,but they should still be registered with a name,and their IP noted,and still have limited functions,it can´t be right,that they have the same use and functions,as paid up members.
In our local FS site - anyone who makes any trouble whatsoever,gets banned via the persons IP address 😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I am as far from being a prude as you can imagine but I must agree with you.
There are many obscene remarks made by childish minds and the gallery should be policed in some way.
There are women and children that access that just to look at the amazing screenshots we all enter.

There are so many entries that if you see something that is offensive you could put the links to the shots in a post here and I'm sure that Flyaway will clean them up.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

There are many obscene remarks made by childish minds and the gallery should be policed in some way.
There are women and children that access that just to look at the amazing screenshots we all enter.

There are so many entries that if you see something that is offensive you could put the links to the shots in a post here and I'm sure that Flyaway will clean them up.

Radar

This is an example:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Radar

I'll be glad to do that. Just PM it to him with the link?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Post it here, he can't miss it.

Radar

hedegaard Guest

I find the comments amusing!
If you dont like the comments you could just ignore them.
Not that many women and children look at fs2004 screenshots anyway.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

hedegaard wrote:

I find the comments amusing!
If you dont like the comments you could just ignore them.
Not that many women and children look at fs2004 screenshots anyway.

lol and what do you base that statement on?

how can you possibly know that?

mypilot himself is quite young i believe, as are a number of other members here.

Stop guests posting gallery comments would be the best bet in my mind.

Maybe some of the longer term members of this forum could be approached to be moderators?

There are several responsible members I can think of that look at the screenshots fairly frequently who could moderate a comment if they saw one that required removing.

hedegaard Guest

Flight simming is rather the "old mans scene", meaning there are more old timers/grandfathers/pensioners here than any other types of games.
Yes, flight sim is a G-A-M-E, cannot be used for approval by the FAA for good reasons et al.
As such, the older crowd tend to get more hyped up over "nasty comments" instead of just shrugging it off.

Yeah, there are still "kids" here. Someone being 30 is a "kid" in the 60 year olds eyes. I know there are 13 year olds here too, well too bad, there should be 2 forums, one for adults, one for teens, where profanity isnt allowed. I'd dislike a forum that took precedence over a particular age group or sex. Besides kids shouldnt be on the internet unattended, that is the responsibility of the adult. Each to his own I guess.
Women are not that fragile that they cannot cope seeing nasty comments.
If so, then lets recall them from Iraq, beacuse then they surely couldnt bear arms?

Dont get me wrong, I do agree that good-etiquete has and probably always be a far superior way of communication. Swearing and nasty commenting is a bad substitution for a lack of grammar, but hey, its funny.
Our differences are our strength.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

i agree that sometimes it is amusing, but there are plently of people that find it very offensive, and therefore that is why it should be cut out to keep EVERYBODY happy.

people who cant think resort to bad language and insults.

Micah 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

flight simming isn't an "old mans scene"

I fly and have flown with plenty of youngsters.. you are clearly making rash generalisations 🙂

back this up with some proof.. oh, wait you can't can you 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Obviously not, or he would not have posted in such a childish manner in the first place.

I have never, nor do I ever plan to find swearing funny. It actually is simply a substitute that idiots and immature loosers fall back on when they can't come up with something original to say. Sure, I would say hell or damn, but there's a difference in adding emphasis, and just being plain stupid.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

swearing has its place imo

for example when I went to use the toilet at work yesterday and opened the door to be greated with the vision of my boss sitting on the crapper saying "sorry!"

I was quite shocked and as I walked away b4 i knew it "f**king hell!" popped out

my eyes still hurt 😞

Hedegaard Guest

Censhorship is a great thing, used in the correct surroundings.
It depends on the situation and in this thread, its just my opinion, I find the nasty comments funny. Perhaps I'm more primitive if this kind of humour appeals to me, so be it, I'm happy being me and live my life according to my own ideals & beliefs.
As I'm sure pretty much most of you do too.
I just think that complaining about nasty comments or swear words is rather time consuming and probably an indication of one needing another extra hobby to fill out your time.

Insight, you're right, I don't have "proof" of any kind, other than general observation, but I'm sure we'd agree that that wouldn't suffice.

Fire_Emblem_Master, anyone who plants a huge banner of oneself with Las Vegas glasses and a signature is hmmmm, more "childish" than someone challenging the right/wrong of whether to ban nasty comments or not.

The point is, if you find the comments disturbing, jump over them, install a program which filters out swear words. There are more important matters in life. Yet again I bothered to make a long post, I hope this isnt considered trolling,as my point is sincere.....don't ban nasty comments, get a life instead. Thank you.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Hedegaard wrote:

Fire_Emblem_Master, anyone who plants a huge banner of oneself with Las Vegas glasses and a signature is hmmmm, more "childish" than someone challenging the right/wrong of whether to ban nasty comments or not.

ROFL

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I respect anything you said dear Hedegaar but i dont like suggestion such...get a life instead....

Everyone of us has his own life ,as you do, i believe...so such kind of suggestions is useles and destroy your posts...

I dont like bad language in this site...As im sure you have understoood ,we all here have an unwritten code to communicate each other based on selfrespect and as a result of this, respecting each other.

The funny way of the life you suggest us to get, isnt only the sarcastics and bad language folish jokes...There are many many other ways to get our lives funny....I think... 😉

This is my opinon of course and totally not offensive to you.

Sorry for my bad English. Embarassed

Friendly

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Absolutely hilarious! Now if only that really was me 🙄

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

what a sexy chap you would be! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Micah 😉

Hedegaard Guest

Greekman, thanks for your comments, your English is ok, I get your point, which is the main thing, you should hear me try to speak Greek.......would be similiar to accidentally lowering the undercarriage at FL30.

Yeah, I know my earlier comment "get a life" would seem teenaged, I was just trying to sum everything up in 1 sentence.

So I take it Fire_Emblem_Master isnt his pic? Perhaps some artist from the 80's who signed a photo on his way to a recording of Miami Vice? Just wondering as I'm not from the States.

By the way Fire_Emblem_Master, seems kind of hypocritical what you said earlier about swearing, yet in another thread you used profanity ad lib? Well, dosen't matter, I dont mind swearing at all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Thank you too Hedegaard. 😉 Its ok i didnt take bad your comment anyway...But im sure that you could have find a better way to express it.Anyway no problem on this.

If you mean Don Jhonson no he isnt him in the pic of FEM.
He is FEMs favorite German artist caled Heino.

As about the third part you should wait for FEM to answer you.

I have to notice thet one way or another if someone gives a different opinion for any issue with a decent and selfrespect way its always acceptable and personally i like conversations for anything with the only rule to keep a level...at least in here.
There are many other sites that we could log in and express the forced side of our characters and pull out our anger...We all living a stress way of life and we pushed for a thousand of things...bad boss,carzy wives,traffic,economical problems, and lots more so we need sometimes to open our minds to share our thoughts and feel a litle calm.
But i dont thing that the best way is to do it using others for victims by sarcasm them or try to be smart Ass (sorry for being extreme here).

Of course im sure that you get that im not speak in person. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Hedegaard is the second person I've seen post an opinion that basically that we should turn the forums and screenshot gallery over to an undisciplined, unruly rabble.

In railing against censorship and the thought police, these folks have forgotten there can be no freedom without responsibility.

Since we can't get rid of these anonymous bozos, let's, at least get rid of the detritus they left behind.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Where is this post... ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain

You posted between mine and Hedegaard's. Look at Hedegaard's last post (just before yours).

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

You posted between mine and Hedegaard's. Look at Hedegaard's last post (just before yours).

OooooPssss...Yes you are right sorry for get you in trouble Crash... Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain

No trouble, my friend.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...