SearchSearch 

Water Textures [includes pic]

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

😕

Where do I get these water textures.

Note the textures underneath the plane.

posted by JVD

Last edited by Jon Van Duyn (JVD) on Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain

😀 Thanks i'll give it a try 😀

Last edited by Jon Van Duyn (JVD) on Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

😕

Where do I get these water textures.

Note the textures underneath the plane.

posted by JVD

Crud! Fear Those textures look so real!!! 😀 I thought that is was real. Surprised

Pro Member Captain

Group Wave

Yes, I have discovered that the picture was taken by Samy Fay.

I will try contact him and then tell you all where to get the textures. 😀

Samy Fay Guest

Hi guys.

Jonathan Van Duyn (JVD) contacted me this morning and asked me where to get the reflection textures. Sadly, such technologies doesn’t exist for simulator. Do you guys realize how much polygon it you mean for the computer to render this effect? Absolutely none of our pc could do that live. Not even with just one frame rate per second (FPS). Even with an static image it would take several hours to generate this kind of effect.

So sorry guys, there is only way to make these effects; create them yourself with Adobe Photoshop. And once on Adobe, there is no magic effect or function that automatically make the reflection effects that you see in my pictures. You need some creativity and a lot of knowledge with Adobe to make this kind of pictures.

Sadly, once again, sorry I cant tell you how to make these effects because they are trade a secret.

Best regards

Samy Fay
Master painter

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Samy,
Thanks for going to the trouble coming here at the behest of JVD to settle our little dilemma.
We were all so taken by those textures we were willing to try anything.
Keep up the fantastic work, we all appreciate it.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Thanks anyway Samy.

That's quit a bit disapointing but I was cheered up when i found a new website with many aircraft videos,shots,wonderful pics and good descriptions of aircraft inciddents.

http://www.a340.net/

Pro Member Captain

You'd probably like to know that I have started working in Adobe Photoshop to create this FX effect. Although it may not come very close but i'll get there.

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Samy - great work you have there.
That pic, "Rain-Proof", is that FS2004 on the right or real-world???

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I am STILL wondering what's so amazing about these pictures? they look like default textures to me. Actually, Mine looks close to better than that...i'll post a screenie and we'll see

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 He means the pics in the Samy Fay post,not the ones with the seaplane landing on Dont Know
Follow the links in the post 😂

Pro Member Captain

I've been away for sometime now and haven't kept up with the link.The link i put on this site [the pics link] has obviously changed.The original pic had similar water textures to these.

This link may not last to long though.

Pro Member Captain

Here's some water textures that I wish they would put on the Flt Sim.