I TRYED EVERYTHING I CANT GET THE DOWNLOAD TO WORK

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

i downloaded a flapjack, a P-51, an SR-71 and a F-4. I did the things that TTT and Radarman told me to do but it didn't work. I need help. Dont tell me to drag and drop things into the correct file because i already tryed that, it dosent work for me. But please tell me how to get the planes i downloaded on to FS9. I need major help!! Please give me tips!

Answers 9 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

We're not trying to hold back any secrets.
My guess is that you are following the instructions the same way every time, and making the same error ever time.
That's because your angry and I can't blame you.

Here is another set of directions, see if they help you.

How familiar with computers are you.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

Well if you ask me I am very familiar with computers

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

amermel wrote:

Well if you ask me I am very familiar with computers

Fine, It makes it easier to explain, although I hope that last link I gave to you solves your problem.

Don't forget to look under the manufacturers name for the aircraft.

Good luck.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

I looked in the manufactures list and they aren't there

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try this first.
Scroll down to the Aeronca Chief, download and follow the read-me. This is one of the easiest aircraft to load, and it's also one of my favorites.
He makes some very fine designs.

Did you try the link I gave you above.
Are you only downloading 2004 aircraft for the 2004 sim.

Have you tried this list of download instuctions.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Let us know how you do with these two download links.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Coasterkid Trainee

[img] Hey, help me, too! i can not figure it out. Crying or Very sad we even got the computer guy to come over and i showed him what sticky said and he was still clueless! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! 😞 [/img][url][/url]

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Try these directions.

My Computer is an icon on your desktop, double click on it.
Inside your main drive icon is "C".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder "Program Files".
Double click on that.
Look for a folder marked "Microsoft Games".
Double click on that.
Now you have a folder Flight Simulator.
Double click on that.
Laid out are all the simulator folders.
Follow the read-me that came with the aircraft.

Radar

Rick Lee Guest

Maybe a different approach is needed.

amermel you state that you are very familiar with computers which means that Files and Folders are no mistery to you.(I'll come back to that later.)

Farther down you state that you "looked in the manufacturers and they aren't there".

Unfortunately this can sometimes be the first (or last) hurdle in getting your crate to show up in your "Select Aircraft Window".

In my experience even some of the most highly regarded 3rd party developing teams might release several Boeings of different types where some might show up under "Boeing" for example or under the name of the team who authored the aircraft and yes there are other instances but let's stick to the basics:

Once You've " ectracted all.." if you're using windows extracting tool or Youve been using WinZip to unzip the downloaded file (it can't be stressed enough to unzip the file into a TEMPORARY Folder call it amermel for the time being. Now stick with this and play close attention: Depending on whether it's a brandnew file, whether it's been modified and how many times at that You might find a plethora of files and folders (yes even more .zip files), readmes, readmefirsts, originalreadmes, jpegs, gifs and I don't know what they'll think of next.
Sometimes You'll find aircraft for fs9 with install instructions for FS2002.

Back to the files and folders here's what I do and it works most of the time:

After ectracting or unzipping:

If only one folder is present, I open it - if it contains the folders
Model Panel Sound Texture (Texture folders can be more than one, no problem) and the files aircraft CFG File and the Air File for example Lear45.air I know the aircraft is complete.

Some folders contain other folders and even other .zip folders. Do read the readmefiles and follow the instructions.Obviously the extra .zip folders will have to be unzipped and the contents pasted into the respective fs9 folders. There may also be ordinary folders containing effects, gauges and sometimes sounds. Same as above: paste the contents
into the respective fs9 folders.

Many say to get rid of the unnessacery files like jpegs and readmes and others, I don't these days. Once Your hangar starts filling up You'll find it hard to remember how to fly certain aircraft etc.. Think about it.. How much space does a readme or a jpeg take up? Leaving those in Your aircraft folder will NOT effect the performance in any way.

A final reminder: It is the folder which contains Model/Panel/Sound/Texture(s)-Folders AND aircraft CFG File AND (aircraft name)-AIR File You're looking for! This is the folder You paste into your Aircraft folder of Flight Simulator 9.

Oh, and I use windows explorer for the whole procedure and when I arrive at the Aircraft folder, instead of clicking on the +sign I click on the Aircraft folder and then when I paste my new aircraft into the right pane it will show up in blue which gives me a good indication what name to look for in the "Select Aircraft" window.

Try this for starters and good luck. Next time You have problems installing a particular aircraft- when just nothing wants to work...
leave it for the time being, there are thousands of beautiful downloads available and after a while You might ask yourself why You wanted the one that caused You so much trouble in the first place.

Best of luck and I don't think I'm the only one being curious how You're progressing.

🙂

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I know the problem I had the same trouble. When you are copying the guages to the guages folder and all the other foldes yoe double click on the folder and then click on one of the icons hit ctrl A,then hit back and right click on the folder you were just in go down and then click on copy then go th the guages folder and right click again and hit paste.do that with the other folders too.I know what you are doing wrong you are trying to to take the folder and all, all you want is the contents inside the folder.Hope I was of some help,and good luck 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...