Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

flight simulator family

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

How many flight simulators have been put out by Microsoft. I Googled it and found stuff that talks about flight sim 2005 😕 Is there any others before that ? And I always thought that they put theem out on the even numbered years. I have 98 2000 2002 standard and 2004. My dad purchased 98 and I got interested in it and I got 200 as a Christmas present. I recieved 2002 as a birthday present from my grandma and then 2004 last summer because it was on sale for $20.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think that you will find this very interesting, at least I did. 🤔

http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsvault/ Read

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes thanks. I'll have to take a closer look at it tomorrow morning. Sleep

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

Hi,

To summarize, FS started in the early 80s with FS1. You could fly in a 16 by 16 miles square with basically no textures. There was no panel. There were two three airports (one civilian, one military, and one enemy airport). You actually could drop bombs in FS1. Then FS2 came, and boy it was an awesome progress. FS3 and 4 came then in different versions, including for windows computers (I think). FS5, FS5.1, FS For Windows 95 came then. After this, we had FS98, FS2000, FS2002 and at last FS2004. Here is the Genesis of FS briefly presented by Skymuncher 😂 (with some probable mistakes also 😉 )

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks! 😀