Real World Weather problems

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Forum members familiar with RWW may be able to help me with this one.Each time I fly with RWW loaded(udate every 15 mins) the same thing happens at below 2000ft on final approach.The visuals turn instantly to fog with visibilty less than 2 miles.This surely could'nt be right.This happens irrespective of location,time/season and with all temporary file deleted before loading.

This morning I loaded a flight from my nearest airport,EIME, and got "scattered cloads,wind 026/07,visibility 2 miles.In fact, today there are no clouds,wind calm and unlimited visibility.Am I expecting too much from this feature or am I missing something?

Any advice most welcome.

regards

kevin

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

kevin2003,

Have you selected the correct country, city, state, province,etc...?? That may be raising alittle bit of a challenge to the RWW??? Just thought that I would suggest to you. That doesn't mean that you haven't selected it properly. Hope that this helped.

Ed

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Hi Ed,
I usually fly realtime,date/year etc with day/night being the variable.As for location,that is usually UK/Ireland,Chile or western Med.All of this is loaded in the flight plan before downloading RWW. Does RWW only apply to a certain part of the world?

regards

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

RWW will take the "most upto date "forcast from the nearest weather station to your takeoff point and then again the nearest weather station to your position every 15 mins(its all automated and done by computers)

As to your fog problem Dont Know Have a look in the weather folder in fs9 and you should get 2 folders (clouds and themes) move anything else somewhere safe,just incase(maybe one of the data files is corrupt).And fire up fs9 with the weather near to you,so you can see outside if its cloudy etc
Fs9 should rewrite the missing data files

Try that

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Thanks Tom,
tried your suggestion twice and got CTD both times.

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Oops! Good job you put them somewhere safe then

Ive searched MS for a solution and they come up with make sure your temp internet folders are clear ➡

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836186

I thought fs would store the weather in the weather folder Doh!

Have a read of the link,try it and let us know

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Thanks Tom,Radarman.I'll read up and report any progress.

regards

kevin

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Hi Tom, Radarman,

ran into a brick wall with my foggy approaches 😀 so I tried a different tack.I reached for my wallet and bought ActiveSky.Problem solved!

thanks again guys,

kevin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ah a wallet,I used to have one of them,till she who must be obeyed took it over Crying or Very sad

Only joking 😀

Well how about giving us a little report on ActiveSky
how much better is it than the standard MS weather?

Pro Member Trainee
kevin2003 Trainee

Hi Tom,
Difficult to compare Active Sky with FS weather at the moment since where I usually fly (Europe) is blanketed with cloud at the moment and both programs reflect this.Active sky gives you regular METAR updates flashed acrosss the top of the screen.Now,if I could just figure out what all the digits mean 😂

The one thing I have noticed is the discrepency between the QNH from AS and FS.Let me play with it for a while and I'll get back with a more considered opinion later.

cheers guys

kevin

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...