Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

is it illegal?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Would it be illegal if I burned a copy of my fs2004 4 CD for myself incase I ever loose it or break it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

No, I don't think so, you are burning the CD for your own use, and you are using the original disk which you paid for. As long as you are not redistributing any copies, then I don't see why there should be a problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Just make sure that you use software that is capable of copying game CD's so they work correctly. What I mean is that if you just toasted off a copy of like Doom 3's CD3, it would say something like "Disc Read Error" when you try and play with it, because it's not copied correctly to read it as the third CD you use to play. I'd assume that if you use the NoCD crack for FS9 it'll be fine though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

OK. Thanks for the advice.

Pro Member Captain
PanAmerican Captain

As long as you don't give or sell that copy to someone, you are perfectly fine.

Pro Member Captain
jarred_01 Captain

If you dont give the copy to anyone else, and keep it for private use, you'll be fine.

Jarred🙂

Pro Member First Officer
SoCalRick First Officer

mypilot wrote:

Would it be illegal if I burned a copy of my fs2004 4 CD for myself incase I ever loose it or break it?

Of course it would be, but then speeding is illegal too. 😂

Since you are doing it for the right reasons I wouldn't be concerned mate.

Rick

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Here's what MS has to say on this discussion. I say make it, you own it.
As long as it's only going to be used on one computer at a time never more, I can't see why it's not legal.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Rev Trainee

Now I tried to burn a copy for safety sake, because I am notorius for eating CD's but when I did, all I got was file error messages.. I used CD creator and a good burner. how did you manage to do that? 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Rev wrote:

Now I tried to burn a copy for safety sake, because I am notorius for eating CD's but when I did, all I got was file error messages.. I used CD creator and a good burner. how did you manage to do that? 😳

I have some friends that use this.
http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/download_120.php

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Rev wrote:

How you try to copy your disk?On the fly?By first saving your data and then burn them?Did you create it as a data CD?I think that something goes wrong ,except if your prototype is already...eaten... 😉

Im using Nero Burning Rom to copy my CDs.