New video

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I have had a few PMs about fraps and if I had done any more videos,Well I have hundreds of little clips all waiting to be put together(taking up a whole lot of harddrive space)

Well here is a short one,2mins of a landing at Palma(12mbs see what I mean about space Fear )

I used the latest version of Fraps(V2.5.4.) and Windows Movie Maker(bundled with XP)

Flying a PMDG 737 with a modified panel(ideal for when you only have an hour or so sim time and dont want to go through all the start up and FMC routine)and it also ties in with a question about cabin calls as I have modified the panel with the crew calls)

Im also using some scenery from some people called CanarySim
Freeware with installer for ease of use
Check Avsim for details and search for CanarySim

Video will be here for one week ➡

I have a real cockpit video of a landing at Palma which I wanted to intergrate into the video,and it works quite well,but thats for another day,or untill I can get permission to use the clip Banned Fear

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Cool TTT - I'm a fan of your mini Sim-Vids (good name eh?), so will check this out !

😉

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Jolly good show TTT - and in nice BMI Baby livery.... Can't pretent to like that panel that you've put in the fine 737NG ( 😉 ) but the vid is great.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Great fade, wing views but where's the tire smoke.

You do a wonderful job with those videos, thanks for the show!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The-GPS-Kid wrote:

Jolly good show TTT - and in nice BMI Baby livery.... Can't pretent to like that panel that you've put in the fine 737NG ( 😉 ) but the vid is great.

The only thing I dont like about the PMDG is it panel Puke Up

The Level D has a much better panel

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Good job TTT!!! I like it. I have many tire smoke mods if you want. Anyway, I have MANY vids from FRAPS. I have a killer one of a TU-144 landing in the snow. It is 30 seconds and 78 MB in size!!!! How do you get them lower? Compressing? 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Im smoking again,dont know why it stopped,but its ok now

78mbs 😳 😳 😳 What FPS record setting are you using?I use the 25 or 30 fps setting(if it makes any odds to the size,it must to be that big for 30 secs)

Anyone can use the upload service that I use,and its free,and no join up info needed.
Just enter a email to who you want to send it too(in this case yourself),point the thing to where your file is,and it uploads.When its done it sends whoever the email was a link for them to d/load,like above

Go on give it a go ➡

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 I said I was smoking again,well I am and Im not
Everything smokes and leaves rubber except the PMDG and Level D

I just made a perfect centre line landing in the Level D(no ILS) and thought I would have a look at the replay.............. Crying or Very sad no smoke 😳

Is this a PMDG and Level D thing ??

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Yo!! TTT!!! Thanks for the info. I'll do it and you'll FINALLY be able to see some of my handy work!!

As far as the lack of smoke,, tire smoke, Hmmm? Any aircraft will do it. If the FX line is missing/bad in the ac cfg, it won't do its thing. I have downloaded aircraft where I had to add this line.

touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1

That is what the default FS9 jets have.
Your 737 may have a costum line that may have 2 lines or more. In any case, ensure the 'touchdown=...' line(s) is there.
😉

Pro Member Trainee
philipjes Trainee

Ey, nice landing 🙂 What panel is it? Where to download? ..it's nice,

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

Good video sr
Where did you get the cabin crew sounds (remain in your seat......)

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Elkinallen I think you have hit the nail on the head(Ill try a bit later on and let you know) 👍

philipjesThat panel is(or was) at Avsim and flightsim and is called ➡ "tungv1" and a fix for it "tungv1a"(for crew calls see next )

CP16The cabin crew sounds came from a panel called "greg737" and I added them to the tungv panel(its in this forum somewhere,but let me know and I will recap,Its very easy)

Right lets get back to that smoke Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Elkinallen Bow Down

The code was there but had a "s" in the code(small smoke???)anyway I removed the "s" and [b]IM SMOKING[/b]

thanks mate 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

WOW! That must be a payware plane. 👏

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

You go man!!!! GREAT!!! HEY! I just bought the full version of FRAPS! I will now make some pretty good stuff! I have some good vids allready.

I have several tire smoke addons that I use for the various planes I fly. One of the addons has several smoke cfgs. all I have to do is assign one to a specific aircraft. 😀

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Loved the vid but do you have any other ones that I can see and Elkinallen will you be putting some of your new vids on the Internet? 😎

Last edited by Jon Van Duyn (JVD) on Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Yeah TTT, your slacking, we need more videos!!!

Bow Down

😀 I am waiting for someone else to have a go( Whistle Elkinallen)

I will stick another up soon 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

😀 I am waiting for someone else to have a go( Whistle Elkinallen)

I will stick another up soon 😉

🙄

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...