Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Tsunami

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I've just received a Tsunami warning in on my little Island of Mauritius so I will be away for the night and will tell you all about it later. If it hits.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just heard about the quake, good luck and keep safe and dry!

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Good luck and be safe

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Take care, JVD. And good luck!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I hope everything goes well. Where do you live?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

JVD wrote:

I've just received a Tsunami warning in on my little Island of Mauritius

Pro Member Trainee
CP16 Trainee

good luck sr

Guest Ed Guest

JVD,

I must say that you are a lot more calm about this than I could be. If I heard a tsunami was coming toward my location, I would not stop to post on the FlyAway site; I would haul my a$$ to the top of the nearest mountain first, and THEN maybe later I'd post about it on the FlyAway site.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Ed

Pro Member Captain

Surprised Sorry My reply took awhile.

Just before the tsunami the family and i packed up [mainly medical papers, ID's, passports and flying licences]. Once everything was packed up we got into the car and drove to "Sir Seewoosagar Rangoolam International Airport" , we then stayed for a few hours [from midinght tell 4 in the morning]. It ended up being a false alarm and that just caused chaos with the people and the governmet. Anyway I'm just glad the wave didn't come. 🙂 Surprised 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

A false alarm? Ok, that is not good. How can they detect a false alarm? The tsunami alarm system does not lie. So....that is strange. Who caused the false alarm? Nobody knows.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Good to have you back 👍

Guest Ed Guest

I suppose a false alarm every now and then is better than no warning at all. If I lived in or around the Indian Ocean, I'd probably be a little skittish about that.

Glad to have you back, JVD. We were beginning to worry about you.

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 You were gone for longer than I thought, I'm glad to see that it was a false alarm and all is well.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Well thanks guys it's feels great to be back. Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Glad everything is okay mate.

Mind you, your sig. picture could do with shrinking in the wash, its ridiculous.

Pro Member Captain

horrgakx wrote:

Glad everything is okay mate.

Mind you, your sig. picture could do with shrinking in the wash, its ridiculous.

I agree. I have been trying to find a better one for some time now [I'm mainly looking for an Air Mauritius Aircraft]

Until I find a better pic I'll use this one.

Have a look here ➡

http://www.airliners.net/

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Just drop it in size...?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you like this, don't feel obligated to take it if you don't like it.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

After quit some time I have found a Picture that I quit like.It's not Air Mauritius though.I chose this pic as I may go live and work for Etihad and Ethihad is getting the 2nd A380.horrgakx I hope this size pic suits your needs but quit frankly I love the pic.

But my question now is " how can I add this pic to all of my last posts ❓ "

Oh and thanks for going out of your way to find some pics RM. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I uploaded this all you have to do is put it between the [img] [/img] marks. Put it in the signature window of your profile.
Profile is at the top of this forum.
Nice pic!

Radar

http://img218.echo.cx/img218/5890/jvdetihd9aw.jpg

Pro Member Captain

RadarMan wrote:

I uploaded this all you have to do is put it between the [img] [/img] marks. Put it in the signature window of your profile.
Profile is at the top of this forum.
Nice pic!

Radar

http://img218.echo.cx/img218/5890/jvdetihd9aw.jpg

That helps a bit but my HTML is turned off and I don't know how to turn it on.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

In your profile, there is a list mark HTML "yes" that you want it on.

After you enter signature and hit "submit" check your post that you want the signature to show.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I only mention it as although a lot of people are on broadband these days there are still some on low bandwidth connections. Also it is a pain when it upsets the formatting of the window.

Dave

Guest Ed Guest

horrgakx wrote:

I only mention it as although a lot of people are on broadband these days there are still some on low bandwidth connections. Also it is a pain when it upsets the formatting of the window.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I always hate to complain, 'cause I'm just a perpetual guest here and all, but with a picture that big I have to scroll back and forth to read the posts. Smaller pics make life easier for us dial-up guys.

Ed

Pro Member Captain

Well ED. I don't mind if you complain to me or any one else cause then I can fix the problem that i'm causing.