Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Additional Harddrive

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

I have just bought a western digital raptor wd74 to use exclusevely for fs9.
Do I have to load the Saitek X52 on the same disk, Your help would be very
much appreciated.
All the Best.
Rex Rolling Eyes

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Not with Windows XP(and I dont think you do with Me............Win98....best of luck Rolling Eyes )

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I am sorry, but I find it silly to believe that FS9 belongs on a seperate hard drive. If that were the case, considering all of the intensive pieces of software I have, I would have to have 25 or so hard drives. and then of course, I would be wondering why everyone else could run it without loading it as an exclusive software. What are you gaining, nanoseconds? I doubt it, having to spin up a new drive.
If you are experiencing problems and your system exceeds expectations, then reformat your drive, reload your OS, and your apps, you have serious problems. I mean you may see it in FS9, but the problems exist throughout your system.
I do have a second hard drive, but it is a mirror of my "C" drive, that I back up once a week. If by chance, I experience a hardware failure, or download a virus/worm/etc, I can simply change my boot sequence by hitting <DEL> on startup.
Now that's efficient use of a second hard drive.

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

Hi again.
Thank you both for your coments.
To mike, The only problem I get is flickering scenary,but I beleve this will be fixed after a session with Micheal Greenblatt. The reson for the add disc was that it was recomended to me.I have only been into computers 9 months,so I need to rely on information I get from others.
All the best
Rex

RigAMD 64 FX 55, 2 Mb DDR 400 ram
2xNVIDIA 6800GTs in SLR
300 SATA-150Mb Harddrive Question