SearchSearch 

TFT monitor

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Anyone had this problem?

On my CRT monitor, sound in FS9 worked fine, even in thick fog and clouds when the fps dropped to 8, it stayed like a continuous sound.

However, on my TFT monitor which i have just bought, the sound stutters (like a helicopter noise ta ta ta ta ta ta t ata ta etc) when the fps drops.

I thought this is weird, anyone have a solution or had the same problem? I'd be interested to hear about it

6 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

So anyone have any ideas?
Please help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a CRT, but are the speakers attached to the TFT monitor.

Do you have an integrated sound card on your mother-board or a separate one.
Maybe the sound drivers need to be updated.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

The sound card is separate and I have already got the latest drivers for it.

What I cant understand is what a monitor has to do with the sound quality. I just put my CRT back on and it is fine. As soon as the TFT goes in again it goes stuttery sound below 20fps

Weird eh!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Never heard that before, call the company since its a new monitor.

Radar

Single flyer Guest

I was reading through the posts and was wondering what your TFT refresh rate is set at? I had similar problems myself when I increased my refresh rate to 75Khz and shortly after blew up my TFT and the sound was not that good either. TFT's generally use a default refresh rate of 60Khz but a better shimmer free display can be obtained using 70Khz, any more and you risk frying the TFT's internal driver circuitry. Which I did and had to fork out another bundle of cash for a new one. It may be your TFT is putting too much demand on your processor at these high refresh rates. Anyway I bought a new TFT and speaker set from Neovo AEG and I have had no problems since. Its just a thought mind.

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

Does that monitor have built in speakers, as RadarMan already asked?