Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Citation X

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

A few weeks ago I was given the Eaglesoft Citation X and I promise it's better than anything else i've flown on the flightsim and that deffiantley includes the PMDG 737 NG,A340 and A320 Pro by PSS.I'd just like to know is there anything better out there that this add-on Question

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

I havent flown that, but I have to say that the PSS concorde Professional is extremely hard to beat!

Review by AVSIM here: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0105/concorde/concorde.htm

I like it because it takes every ounce of your skill to be able to fly it, and almost all of the systems are accurately represented and they all work. Such as INS, fuel transfer system etc.

I had to do 31 landing attempts, (Wall Bashing) over and over, until I could land this bird without crashing! But once you have mastered it its really satisfying!

Highly Recommended Laughing

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Does the inside of the real Concorde really look like that? I can't imagine why it would have all those communications and panels inside the cockpit, compared to how small an airline cockpit is now.

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Its actually much smaller than modern cockpits (in space terms), but it was produced before the 'glass cockpit' era so has all the old guages.

Concorde was also one of the first aircraft to have 'fly-by-wire' - the throttles and the yoke all send digital signals to the controls.

The simulation is almost an exact replica of what the real concorde cockpit looked like.

Pro Member Captain

Very Happy Very Happy Thats great cause I know what to get next.Thanx. Very Happy Very Happy

Pro Member Captain

FL050 wrote:

Does the inside of the real Concorde really look like that? I can't imagine why it would have all those communications and panels inside the cockpit, compared to how small an airline cockpit is now.

Well if you think that the concordes cockpit has lots of gauges [dials + buttons] then you haven't seen the tupolev Tu-114.If you want to download it just go to http://www.avsim.com/ and look up tu114_aer70_install.zip. If you like walking around aircraft then I definatley recommend this aircraft with it's Virtual Cockpit and Virtual Cabin.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Yip - I agree that the PSS Concorde is fab - I don't fly it a lot as I'm more into modern day flying, on real airline schedules but I enjoyed learning the PSS Concorde very much and as has been said above it is no doubt the most challenging add-on to master, so far in FS2004.

You really get to feel the Concorde magic (even in Sim world) when you are able to complete a London - New York flight in a 3.5 hours flight sim session Very Happy (and without increasing the simulation rate).

If you want something really special I agree this is great.

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Hi guys, just wodering. Is this download version, http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk/default.asp?pss=moreinfo&ID=512 , the same as the boxed versions. Wasn't sure because this one isn't called "Professional".

Thanks,
Suds

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Yes it is

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

Ok, cool. Will download soon!!!

Suds

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

JVD
I have it and I share your opinion. I am really happy with it. The only problem with me that I did not born just yester day and my I site is not like it was some 60+ years ago so at the beginning I had some reading problem but after a few try out I changed the size of some panels (enlarged) and now every thing is ok.
Unfortunately I am not with my computer but I would be happy to share some problems with U

Pro Member Captain

Rafi wrote:

JVD
I have it and I share your opinion. I am really happy with it. The only problem with me that I did not born just yester day and my I site is not like it was some 60+ years ago so at the beginning I had some reading problem but after a few try out I changed the size of some panels (enlarged) and now every thing is ok.
Unfortunately I am not with my computer but I would be happy to share some problems with U

Suds

OK, i'll keep that in mind. Thanks