Finding certain Intersections and VORs

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Anyone know of a good way to locate certain intersections and VORs that ATC tells you to fly?

Only way I know of is zooming in to the map real far to see the names and then just moving the map little by little, and it gets very annoying.

Anyone know of a good/fast way?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Buy sectional charts or get them from your local airport. American ones are ten dollars I believe. Theres lots of sites around with them on.

Guest Ed Guest

Or use the GPS-- click the "NRST" button, and then the right arrow under the "CRSR" knob. It lists intersections.

Ed

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Yeah, but I need to find intersections when ATC gives me routes on the intersections, so they usually aren't close to me then and there is no way to expand the list of Intersections from what it already gives you.

Guest Ed Guest

Well, you can still enter an intersection name using the Direct function in GPS, and use GPS navigation to get you close.

I just opened a flight in Cleveland, Ohio, entered "FACTS" in the Direct window, and it gave me a route to the FACTS intersection near Seattle, about 2000 nm away.

I didn't try to see if it will accept the name of a VOR, but I wouldn't be surprised it will-- the VOR are in GPS, because it uses the names for "Procedures" for setting up an approach.

Give it a try, let us know how it comes out.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...