Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

CH yoke,Ch throttle or 512MB

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

whitch is most worth my money i dont think I realy need the extra 512mb or the yoke as I already have a jostick (is a yoke much better than a joystick?) at the moment I think I will get the throttle quad.What do you think?

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The memory depends on your computer. If you're running 256mb RAM, you should absolutly put your money into the 512 upgrade. If you're running off of 512 already and want to move up to a gig of ram, then it's mostly worth it, although not as profound an improvement.

The biggest enhancement in realism would be to invest in the yolk. Although I don't have one, it's still usually said to be a giant leap forward in that regard. I'd still really like to have a throttle quadrant instead of that, but the choice is yours!

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I am absolutly with originalgrunge. I f your frame rate at your comp' is OK than belive me that a yoke will change your perpecstive

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I have 2 gig, and it was a very good investment. I also have the CH yoke and pedals. That is where the realism is at. Very Happy they are a must buy for every simmer.
As far as the throttle yoke, there are levers on the yoke for that, so unless you are going for the ultimate in realism I would put off buying the throttles.

Good luck

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I think I will get the yoke as I have 512Mb and the CH pedals are very expensive.Thanks for the help.

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

You will never regret it! The pedals are so cool, just as if you are in the plane. No, I am not getting a kickback. Start hinting for your birthday, or as homer simpson would do, buy it for your significant other. theuyonly stay mad for a few months, this gift will keep on giving for years.

oops, gotta go, she's coming into the room.

Guest FEM Guest

Grab that CH yoke but if you want a kickass throttle set, you have to go to GoFlight's page and order one. They look just like the real thing.

It's the TQ-6 Throttle Quadrant

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

I go with the yoke as well. Mine has throttle, prop, and mixture controls but no rudder pedals (landing in a cross wind SUCKS!!!) The yoke is for sure the best money I have yet spent on FS9 add-ons stuff.