SearchSearch 

Boeing 787

Kwiley Guest

hey guys,
I was wondering if you knew of any problems with the Boeing 787 Dreamliner that could help me for a project I am doing for my Management class. We are doing a "Battle of the Skies" theme between the new planes from Boeing and Airbus. I am researching the problems with the Boeing planes and am having a hard time finding anything on it. So if you could help me out, that would be great! Thanks so much.

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 What sort of problems?
I doubt very much that we will ever hear of any major problem,espesally from Boeing(unless something drastic happens,now or in the future when the aircraft is in service)

Did you know that Boeing nearly canceled the 737 in the early 70s.It was too slow and the year they nearly canceled,they sold 1 737,only a new engine design saved it(and they have never looked back)

Incase you have not seen this ➡

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/787family/

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 The lightning fast fingers of Radar beats me again Wall Bashing

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Well I don't know if this helps. Boeing says that their 787 is being built as a rival for the A380 but it's not big enough to rival it so Boeing has been designing an aircraft with very similar preportion to the A380 [It's a 747-400 with an entire upper deck].When I gather more info I will post it to this site. When does your theme have to be in ❓

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

Well I found a bit of info on the A380's real rival the 747 ADVANCED [not the 787].I hope it helps a bit.

http://www.boeing.com/commercial/747family/

Kwiley Guest

thanks guys for all your help. The information is due by Tues at the latest and our group presentation is on the following Thurs (so one week from today). After discussing things we my group, we have reorganized things and I am now doing just all general information on the Boeing 787. I should be able to make 2 and a half pages from all the information I have found, but I am sure that any additional information you can help with would be more than welcomed!! Thanks again. If it helps, my email is kwiley@clemson.edu if you want to just email me the info. Thanks again.

Oh... and I'm sorry about posting it in both forums. I wasn't sure how popular this site was cause I found it on a google search, so I thought it might help with getting responses if I posted in more than one part. How do I delete it if I am not a member?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Kwiley wrote:

thanks guys for all your help.
Oh... and I'm sorry about posting it in both forums. I wasn't sure how popular this site was cause I found it on a google search, so I thought it might help with getting responses if I posted in more than one part. How do I delete it if I am not a member?

ROFL

You found the best 👍

Dont worry about the other post

Kwiley Guest

Ok,.... I'm trying to put all my information together and I remembered reading somewhere about why the went from the 7E7 to the 787 and why the name change and all... but I don't remember reading it.... anyone have a website that says that?

spuddi Guest

http://www.boeing.com/news/releases/2005/q1/nr_050128g.html

they used e to highlight the efficiencies, but have reverted to the usal numbering scheme.

also 8 is lucky to the chinese and the first lot of orders are chinese

Kwiley Guest

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
HEHE just a thanks for all of you that have helped.... i was really stressing this project last night but its nice to know there are people out there that know about this kind of stuff to make it a little easier.... now if anyone would like to take my management test that i have tomorrow... or the finals coming up... it would be GREATLY appreciated!! lol didn't think so... thanks again!