SearchSearch 

The Thing

Pro Member Trainee
turbotay Trainee

For those of u not familair with the 1982 horror flick its about a group of people who are in a Norweegen outpost and a ailen is after them well anyway i was wondering if they had a addon scenery that has that Norweegen outpost

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The original was 1951 and I don't know what base it was.
If you find the name we can search out the scenery, if any.

Radar

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

McMurdo Station/Base Antarctica. Classic film.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Now where on earth did you dig that from?.................................................................................................................................must have watched that a few time to remember that.................or have you got a Read

Pro Member Site Admin

I remember... I think. 😎 Have seen the film a good few times 🙂

Pro Member Site Admin

Umm... it's also possible that they were trying to contact McMurdo when things started getting messy 🙄

Anyone else?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I don't know if you ever got the show in the UK but James Arness played the thing.
He later (1955) went on to become Matt Dillon the marshal in Gunsmoke for 20 years, still holding the record for the longest running TV drama.

Yes I have seen the original movie a few times myself.
True it is a classic.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

McMurdo Station/Base Antarctica.

c-121_pegasus-7.zip
Lockheed C-121J "Pegasus-7"

File Description:
Repaint of Mike Stone's no wing tank Super Connie of the US Navy's C-121J "Pegasus-7" which was lost at McMurdo Station, Antarctica in a landing mishap after several years of service in support of "Operation Deep Freeze" with only a few minor injuries. Included are an AFCAD2 file for Pegasus Field at McMurdo with parking and navaids added and a AI traffic file for Pegasus-7 to make runs from Christchurch to McMurdo.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=c-121_pegasus-7.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

c-121_pegasus-7.zip

Antarctica Scenery Enhancement **Warning 2002 may or may not work.

File Description:
Add a continent! Fly to McMurdo and 32 other real-world Antarctic bases and camps, plus 5 fictional camps. This scenery includes a highly-detailed rendition of Halley Bay. By Ted Kessel, with Halley Bay contributed by James Keir.

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=ant02.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

The Annoying Thing. I don't know what you are talking about but I have found a funny clip of an Alien for you.Enjoy.

It's 2,77 MB

Here the link [It's valid for 7 days] ➡

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WA0Z0HI3GBEF2IU2EZA8WFYU0

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Mad A very annoying TV and Radio advert in the UK(it seemed to be on every break Evil or Very Mad )