Problem with GF 5900

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

I purchased a geforce Golden Sample 5900 with 256 Ram. Now, FS shows me a black screen instead of a cockpit. In VC I can fly just normaly and also the outside views are OK. Just the cockpit is gone and that's a bit of a pain in the ass. Any solutions?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Do you have cockpit views on the standard fs9 aircraft?

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

Nope, that's the problem. I've got no cockpit view at all, only a black space, where the cockpit should be. The instruments are there, cause if I move the cursor over the void, the inscriptions appear and are even clickable. But if you don't see anything, it's not really manageable.

And as I said, every other view is working OK.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Are you using the GeForce detinator drivers? If so... the latest ones? It was an issue that with some drivers, the panel would not display and a blank screen would be shown. I suggest you check out this website to obtain the latest drivers for your 5900:

http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Pro Member Trainee
abaris Trainee

I have done that. The problem was, that I put my trust in the Gainward drivers, custom made for that card. With the standard Geforce drivers everything's back to normal.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...