SearchSearch 

hey RADARMAN

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I noticed you and TTT are a moderators. How do you become a moderator and what is a moderator.
Thanks

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Moderators are like the "police" of the forum. They can delete a post that is offensive, and i think they can ban people from the site if they cause flame wars or something like that.

I don't think you'd be able to become a moderator. I doubt flyaway needs more of them. I remember offering if they needed someone, but Radar told me that he and TTT usually can get the job done quite well and efficiently throughout the day. Besides, this place is real peaceful anyway, I doubt they'd need more than 3, that being Radar, TTT, and Flyaway (who owns the site i think...and is a avid fan of Rammstein, making him uber-cool)

Pro Member Chief Captain

Just remembered. Not to sound like rude or anything, but I think you'd have to post and be active a lot more than just 25 posts. I understand that you're new here, and i'm not harping on that. I rank 3rd in total posts, and have yet to be offered any position. Possibly if one of them retire someone will take their spot, but we're not trying to like userp the throne though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

FEM said it well. There are three of us and this is an easy (busy) place to mod.
I've been doing it here for over a year and somewhere else, different "game" for 4 years.

No we don't get paid, we just keep the place clean and make sure everyone follows the rules posted at the top.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Radarman, where else do you mod?

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

I am pretty new here myself. I am also a mod on the VNBoards over at IGN.com - which is a gaming website.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I do it under a different "username" not radarman.

Someday I'll set up my own .com board, no downloads just a friendly place like this.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Radarman,
You should get your own message board! I have a free one. You can get a free one at www.proboards.com

I think it would be a hit! 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

oh, you mod here under a diff username? I just wondered what "game" the other board you mod is called/about? Can you tell us?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chris I have one (Invision) but it's not listed, it's only for the 17 members of the (FEM Golf) board that also use FS9.
We've all known each other for many years and I must agree with you that it's fun. But...the boards that they give you free are "crippled" there are sections that are off limits. Check and you'll see that you can't back them up, if they crash you've lost everything. This board can be downloaded so it can't be lost. My guess is that it's about 100mb, an easy weekly backup.
I had a free PHP board like this but I liked the other brand better.

To have your own, the board, domain, web hosting, screenshot upload software etc. costs $$$ I wouldn't have downloads except cracks.
Just a place to upload my 1000 smilies lol.

Radar