help would be appreciated

STAR ALLIANCE Guest

Hello everyone,
I'm a newby to fs9. I used to fly fs2000, but I found it too difficult. The other day, as I was browsing around the best-buy, I found fs9 and decided to give it another shot. Anyways, I'm familiar with all of the planes, but I really wanted to try the 757...so I downloaded a few things. After these downloads, fs9 wont start!...I would really appreciate some help...look below to see the files I downloaded...

1 - Type in 757 in the avsim search box, and search in Fs2004 original aircraft...it is the 3rd download...

2 - Type in 757 in the avsim search box, and search in FS2004 PANELS....its the first one on page 2...

3 - Type in 757 in the avsim search box, and search in FS2004 SOUNDS...
its the 3rd one down...

4 - Download FSUIPC version 3.4.1.1, and just insert the module in the FS2004 modules folder...

PLEASE HELP ME

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Need more details. When you try to start FS what happens?

STAR ALLIANCE Guest

Well, I get the FS9 logo, you know...like on the case, and then it asks me if I want to disable the sound.dll and my fssound.dll. When I say "no", the logo disappears and the program ends itself

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Say yes, and make sure you have DirectX 9.0c.

If all works /start/search/ and delete the two dll. and put them in a folder for safe keeping in case to need them at some other time.
Only load one item at a time so that if you run into a problem it's easier to find.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

STAR ALLIANCE Guest

Thank you for your reply RADARMAN, it worked. Keep it up

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👍 I'm glad it worked and enjoy FS9, it's a great improvement over previous versions.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...