Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Some video issues

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

So this is not flight-sim related, but you all are some of the most knowledgeable (or at least resourceful!) people on the net, so I turn to you for help.

Whenever I playback videos, dvds, mpegs, you name it through any application now I get a washout type of effect. All of the colors in the video are faded with a grayish tint to them. I know that applications like real-player do this until you purchase the full version, but it never really happens with media player! I've tried just about every option/codec re-install that I could think of and nothing has helped.

I had this issue about a year ago, and I remember it being a very simple and very random fix, but I have no idea what it was! Any tips would be wonderful.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Ok nevermind folks, it's just a conflict with WinDVD and my drivers. Since Nvidia doensn't support their laptop series with new drivers (the latest drivers for their go-series was made in 2002), I use omega drivers. As a result, my much much older version of windvd (which I just installed recently) had some issues. Everything's back to normal!