Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Pain

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey everybody. A non-FS question. last Tuesday, I had all my wisdom teeth surgically extracted (They put me out, and cut them out). Now, starting a bout 3 days ago, and still today, I have a extreme amount of pain in the tooth just in front of the right side lower extraction site. It hurts whenever I bite down/push on the tooth with anything. What could this mean?

I have to eat with the left side of my mouth only now too, that's how bad it hurts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Abscess, inflamation, sympathy, many reasons. I have an Idea, Call the dentist!

Radar

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Could be a million things. Part of it too is your mouth takes a while to settle after losing the teeth. Make sure you CALL the oral surgeon. I ended up with a fairly sizable infection on my second surgery, so if you can stop it early do so!

Guest Ed Guest

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

last Tuesday, I had all my wisdom teeth surgically extracted

The day before yesterday, or 9 days ago? Either way, you have my sympathy; I had mine out that way, too, all four in one go. Hurt like hell for a week.

Would you ask your dentist for advice on how to land a 747? No? So why are you asking us for dental advice? Call your oral surgeon. Wink

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

FEM, you have my sympathy! I've got these two teeth that are hooked together and so they will pull those two and put one fake one in it's place. I'm not looking forward to that! Drool

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

It feels really bad the first days when the dentist take your wisdon teeth out.
I had the surgery in the US and was perfect. I didn't feel anything during the surgery. They put a mask to cover my mouth, with gas. And so, in like 3 minutes I was sleeping. And I didn't notice! Anyway, I woke up when the surgery was finished. The dentist took all four wisdom teeth in one go too. Well, in the first 3 days, I was with pain all over my mouth. And I was still bleeding.

If you still have pain, FEM, go to the dentist. It is much better than calling him.

SoCalRick Guest

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Now, starting a bout 3 days ago, and still today, I have a extreme amount of pain in the tooth just in front of the right side lower extraction site.

Tea and sympathy, FEM, I know how that feels. My dentist told me to take 2 Motrin with 2 Tylenol for pain. Well, that did work at first, but when I was to your stage I insisted on something stronger and got Vicodin (let the jokes begin, lol).

Anyway, feel better soon!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Sorry for my ignorance,

What's the deal with your wisdom teeth? Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

People say that they hurt soooo bad.

I didn't feel any pain before the dentist took my wisdom teeth out because the decided to take them out early so I don't feel pain.

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I am not a dentist idont know.Go call your dentist.I did got three teeth puled so i do know what you felt like.

Last edited by mrkonk on Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

I had to have 3 pulled also. I doubt if it hurt as much as pulling your wisdom teeth. No cavities yet, though.

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

1 cavity

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

Burbon, Lots and lots of Bourbon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

One thought. Main reasom I ask, is that i searched on the net, and it gave crappy results. I did call the Dentist, and they refulled my Amoxocillin. I wonder, could it possibly be caused by either smoking or just by the Dentist pulling and jerking on my adjacent tooth? It feels like when I push on it, a sharp pain. It sucks guys. I go in on Tuesday, so they should be able to tell me what the hell. Razz

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I had mine done a few years ago and it hurt like hell for a few days afterwords and the nurse said take some very strong painkillers from the chemist.

The thing that really hurt was all the brusing he caused by yanking and pulling the teeth out. In time it should go away.

There is an old home remady of drinking guiness that should help.

Liono

Guest Ed Guest

mypilot wrote:

Sorry for my ignorance,

What's the deal with your wisdom teeth? Confused

If you're asking the general question "why do so many people have problems with wisdom teeth?" the deal is that as humans have evolved, our jaws have gotten smaller but our teeth haven't. Many people don't have enough room in their jaws for all the teeth that want to grow in there, so the ones in the back, which come in last, can't come in straight. Often, they are sideways and can't even break through the skin, but just push on the other teeth and cause pain. So, an oral surgeon has to remove them.

It's just a little joke Mother Nature plays on us. She says "Sure, I'll give you nice pretty little faces, if that's what you want. You people keep choosing mates with pretty little faces, and having babies with pretty little faces. But I'm still gonna give ya' teeth like a Lowland Gorilla." Very Happy

If you don't believe in evolution, then I don't know what to tell you. Wink

Ed

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah. That's what I was asking.

Pro Member First Officer
leadfoot First Officer

I had a maxilofacial rehab done a couple of years ago, many teeth pulled and the rest fixed------- I think I know what it feels like to have someone shove a shotgun into my mouth and pull the trigger-----twice! It was WEEKS before I could get off the pain meds. Due to a long series of illnesses, pain and I have become old friends. You have my deepest sympathies.