Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Did I tell you that....

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello dear pilots! I just wanted to tell you that I got my medical certificate class 1 a few months ago. I completely forgot to post a message here. Anyway, the day I received my medical certificate was a happy day for me. And I am still happy. This year I will start my real world lessons to be a pilot. As some of you may know, my objective is to be a real world commercial airliner pilot. I really love and enjoy flying both in real world and in Flight Simulators. I wanted to be a pilot since I was a little kid. I can't remember the age, but I do remember me saying to be a real pilot. My mom also told me that a few times. That means that I started to love aviation since I was a little kid. I know, when you are little you tend to say things about your future and sometimes that does not happen. My uncle wanted to drive a train. He loves trains and stuff like that. Well, he ended up being a math/physics teacher. He build model airplanes with his students, but he still have the passion for trains.

Well, I'm going off topic with this. The thing is that I got my medical certificate and I will start flying when I finish the school on June.
I'll let you guys know any news about my airliner pilot career when I start my lessons. I'll try to film my first flight.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

🍻 Congradulations! I love Aviation! I am in training also. I have so far 24.2 hours. I can't get my liscence though, until I am 17. My flight instructor recently moved to Kansas so I havn't been up for a while. My dad was a pilot, that is what got me into it. He is no longer a pilot though. Anyways, have fun, and good luck! 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Glad to hear you are starting flighting.

I attend Oklahoma State University, which is known for its flight program, and I am 2 flights away from getting my Private Pilot license. I am in the Professional Pilot degree which will get me all my ratings except ATP. Next semester is IFR 🙂

I have about 48 hours at the moment and hope to finish my PPL in about 2 weeks. The weather has been so bad up here that I haven't flown in about 2 weeks.

Congrats!

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I had my dream of being a pilot when i was 3.After that I wanted to be Eathier a pilot or a astronaut.I dont know what i want to be know.I probably will get my licence.

Pro Member Chief Captain

What do your parents think? I usually go up once or twice a month. A couple times we even flew to Phionex. It costs appr. $80 an hour.

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

I probably wont become the astronaut.I saw live the Columbia blow up.Not on tv live.It blew up 89 miles over my old house in california.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Congratulations, on both getting your med license and going to work at a job that you enjoy. There is nothing that is more satisfying than going to work everyday and loving it.
It leads to a long happy life!
All the best to you.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I remember hearing the sonic boom, as it flew over. It scared me! Banned

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

freaky wasnt it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks everybody for your kind comments! My hope is to become a pilot. That's what I always wanted.

Don Wood Guest

MyPilot wrote: "My dad was a pilot, that is what got me into it. He is no longer a pilot though."

You are selling your dad short. He may no longer be actively flying or have a current medical but he will be a pilot as long as he lives. It's an achievement once realized no one can take away.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yeah. I should have added that. He still has a pilot's liscence but he doesn't have a current medical certificate. He maried my mom and he didn't have time or the money to keep flying.

Pro Member First Officer
Martin (Blake14) First Officer

i've always wanted to be an airline pilot, but now that I've done some research and that I've seen the incredible amount of money you have to pay to become a pilot, I'm starting to doubt a little bit. I am sure I'll get my private pilot license though 😉
And Agus, good luck, what you are going to do is great!!!! 😀 🙂 😎 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks Blake!

I know that an airliner pilot career is expensive, but that is my dream.

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Yes, it is very expensive to be in the pilot track.

For me, I have to pay to go to a big university, as well as paying for flight school, which will be approximately $30,000 just for my flying career, not to mention paying tuition at a university.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Just out of curiosity, how much has it cost you Agus? total

Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

I have a similar case, my father is a pilot although he is very near to retirement [that's one day I won't look forward to]. My father told me that at the age of 3 [ridicuolus] I wanted to be a pilot.My passion was sparked off when he took me up in a learjet and did some rolls.

Anyway enough about me. CONGRADULATIONS ON A GOOD MEDICAL.