Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Try taking this flight

Pro Member First Officer
Bartholomew First Officer

If you don't have anything to do or don't know where to fly, pick a default 737-400 from FS2004 and fly from Belgrade (LYBE) to Tivat (LYTV). The flight is very short but I would like you to answer me some questions:

First and the most important one is: could you even land? The ATC tells you to do a visual approach but I'm bothered to do that by a mountain, and ILS is kind of weird.
Second: is the flight too short for a jet.

Remember: it's very short so don't go too high!

Thanks!

PS: I do not have global 2005.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'll do it later. The flight won't be too short as long as you can take off and align again with the next runway. If you mean is it too short for a commercial flight then yes probably. 😀

Pro Member First Officer

OK, thanks!

Tell me how it worked out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I got it down,but only just Fear

I doubt you would get jet aircraft using that runway,espesally when you can have a good flight in from the opposite runway
I use FSTerrain and the mountians are dramatic
Best to try the R/W32 landing in a twin prop

Andy2005 Guest

I agree with the above. I've just completed the flight 😀 and managed to land it. Its a tricky landing because of the mountain. Because of this you have to come in quite high and drop quite quick once you're past the mountain. YOu should be ok as long as you're configured for landing by the approach, stick fairly close to the mountain and drop power to descend as soon as possible.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Yeh I tried the landing in an A320, it was successful but a bit hard (there was a flap failure so I had to land without flaps). The ILS is completely dead as theres a mountain in the way. If you come in from the side of the ILS and then turn it makes for a very smooth approach and a nice landing, it doesn't involve dropping fast at all 😀

Byron in Seattle Guest

I did it too. 🙂 Getting lined up on the runway is the tricky part, but I was sucessfull. Runway 14 just a bit easier, but not much. Great flight!

Byron in Seattle Guest

😂 Tried this again in the King Air,much eaiser than in the 737.

Pro Member First Officer

Nice hearing your comments!

I was interested because real airliner JAT flies there and it takes about 45 minutes.

I've also successfully done the flight in King Air but never in a jet.

I know it seems the runway isn't for jets, but as long as they can land there in real world, we can in the simulator.

😀