Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2004 Problem with Radeon 9600 Pro Dual Monitor

Pro Member Trainee
subodh_subu Trainee

Hi,
I have a P4 3.Ghz, 1GB,40 GB,ATI Radeon 256 MB(VGA and DVI-I), Windows XP System Running FS2004.
My problem is When I connect two monitors to the card( VGA and DVI-I).,
and try to run FS2004, the monitors will start blinking and they go blank and some time the whole system hang too.

FS2004 Runs fine with only one of them connected at a time.

Xp is fine with both the monitors connected.
The monitors are CRT and I use DVI-I to VGA adapter to connect to CRT monitor.
I updated the display drivers too..
Any body had similiar problem..

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Check your power supply, if it's only a 250w that's probably the problem. With a machine like yours, a top video card, two monitors I would suggest an Antec 450w or more.

Those connectors don't always work very well.

http://www.antec.com/InternationalWelcome.php

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
subodh_subu Trainee

I have a Antec TruePower 2.0 TP-II 550 550W Power Supply .

and my RAM is DDRAM PC3200 1GB KNGMX MPXD42D-2K

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

I have the same card and I am on dual monitor for some two years . So it works. Now do u know that U can adjust different refresh rate and different resolution to the two monitors. I would “play” with those settings. Is any problem with both “full” screen and “window” screen?
Is there are a broblem when U R trying to display only panels?

Pro Member Trainee
subodh_subu Trainee

Here is the update.
I formatted my machine and reinstalled everything from scratch.
Ran Simulator. with 2 monitors. Everything worked fine. I was running Spot plane view on the secondary monitor.
But then yesterday..I changed the 2nd monitor, tried to run sim.. for some reason the system hung. I had to reset the system..Now I have the same old problem..
The 2 monitors will start blinking even though there is no views or panels put on the 2nd monitor.. and finally the whole system hangs..
Even just having the DVI to VGA adapter connected to the 2nd port will create the above problem. I tried a different DVI-VGA adapter. but no luck

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I got that blinking problem too, and I've not managed to sort it. It is EXTREMELY annoying. It even started doing it outside FS2004 on the desktop, even with the second monitor switched off! Censored

I have never got to the bottom of it, I have resigned myself to the fact it won't work properly and since I've re-installed WinXP I've not even tried, it was so traumatic last time!!!!

I have a similar system to yours; AMD P3500, 1Gb matched & low CAS, Gigabyte 256Mb PCI-E X700, Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe.

Dave

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if you can borrow an LCD monitor and do away with that connector.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
subodh_subu Trainee

I will try to do that and will post the results
Subodh