Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

LOW FRAMERATES

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I Have very low frame rates. im my PMDG 737 i get about 5 Framerates per second. but in default planes i get about 10. and my computer is only a year and a half old. how can i increase the frame rates. thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
mrkonk First Officer

Try lowering some of your settings.I had them all on high and only got as many as you.What type of computer do you have?

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I have that same problem. Try downloading and using FSAuto Start. http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/FSAutoStart.shtml

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i have windows XP, but i have 512 of memory. 75% free space on my hard drive.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I had that same problem, before I got that major virus. Now that I have all my files back, plus more, I don't have that problem anymore. One thing I did this time, is I didn't install my FS2002, just FS2004. Would that make a difference?

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i just have fs2004 installed too. but under the settings-display-hardwarh you can increase the maximum amount of frame rates per seconds. then i turned the scenery textures down a lot from before which dramatically increased the performance in FS

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Lower traffic, autogen, scenery and clouds as low as possible and still enjoy them. Shut off water and shadows.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

One of the biggest things to turn down is ground textures/scenery. However, I fly the big jets at 350 so ground scenery isn't as big deal to me.

What are the specs of your computer? Like what kind of video card you have, proccesor etc.