Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Can someone name an airport...

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Where very beautiful sceneries are present. I am making a video and I want something to lighten it up Smile

twistedsucker wrote:

Where very beautiful sceneries are present. I am making a video and I want something to lighten it up Smile

St. Maarten (TNCM) is especially nice for default scenery, but if I were you I'd download a frame rate-friendly freeware scenery package such as "LFRD2004 St-Malo VFR Scenery" (http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=LFRD2004+St-) which is in Brittany, France. It is gorgeous coastal scenery with thousands of houses, buildings, trees, and detailed airport. Your FPS will remain the same as the default scenery, which is important for recording flight videos.

Hope this helps ya! Wink

Thanks for the link Smile

Pro Member First Officer
twistedsucker First Officer

Oops I forgot to login Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Thanks for the heads up "guest"
DL'd LFRD, hopped in my Super Otter float plane and enjoyed the scenic wonder. The place invites you to fly low and slow. The FPS is much higher than at my local airport. Very nice!

SoCalRick Guest

freedspeak wrote:

Thanks for the heads up "guest"
DL'd LFRD, hopped in my Super Otter float plane and enjoyed the scenic wonder. The place invites you to fly low and slow. The FPS is much higher than at my local airport. Very nice!

No problem, and glad you like it! The tip in the readme file about renaming "default.xml" to speed up your frame rates is a winner, too. I tried it and it works like a charm over populated areas. All that you lose is the food stands (giant chicken on a pole, etc, and some default signs). It is worth the 5-15 FPS improvement when you fly over those areas.

(One of these days I gotta send in my $5 so I don't post as Guest, lol).