FS2004 startproblems

Pro Member Trainee
F5B Trainee

HELP

I have installed FS2004 in WinXP, but it wont start.
I just get an errormessage.
I have installed FS91UPD but it does not help.
Is there an update I have missed?

Reg.
BB

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Jon Van Duyn (JVD) Captain

The updates don't always work on certain PC's.Uninstall the update ❗ Once the update is unistalled, give MSFS a try.If that does not work uninstall all the MSFS 2004 add-ons and then reinstall MSFS 2004 and probably put it in another drive to the last one you used [e.g. Local disk F,C,D etc].

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Make sure there is a folder called "Flight Simulator Files" in your "My Documents" folder.

If its not there, make one

If this is not the problem,what is the error message

Pro Member Trainee
F5B Trainee

Now I have uninstalled everything and then reinstalled the 4 CD:s in
another drive, without update.
It doesnt help.I just get the error message: "winXP has ran into unexpected problems etc"

It occurs after about 10 sec of HDD-work.

Everything works fine on my PC, including 4 other simulators.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed and is there a folder in your "My Documents" called "Flight Simulator".

Could you give us the specs on your machine and what other simulators do you have on that hard drive.
How much "free" space is left on the machine.
Are you using disk #4 or the crack
Do you have SP2 installed and did you install the NO-CD Crack.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...